GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone use Pennzoil Ultra?

WickedLou9

I'm a geek
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I have never seen it at a local auto parts store but you can order it on Amazon. This is the oil that Ferrari requires and pennzoil claims:

"PENNZOIL ULTRA™ EURO

Ultra-Class Full Synthetic

The only motor oil exclusively recommended by Ferrari North America.6
With a special formulation for European cars, Pennzoil Ultra™ Euro meets all the latest manufacturer specifications for Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz, Audi, VW and more."

It's a full synthetic, 5w-40, and the people at Bob Is the Oil Guy forums love the stuff.

Euro 5W-40

Ferrari – Exclusive to Pennzoil Ultra™ in the USA
Porsche A40
Mercedes Benz 229.5 and 229.3
VW 502 00 and 505 00
VW/Audi 503 01

Fiat 9.55535 Z2
BMW LL-01
Chrysler MS-10725
Exceeds the requirements of ACEA A3/B3/B4
Exceeds the requirements of API SM/CF and previous categories

I am going to use it at the next change.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
"Full" synthetic? Like 100%? There's no such thing. In fact, the courts decided it doesn't need to be full to be called "full syn".

WickedLou9

I'm a geek
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I used it once and it seems like a fine oil according to the analysis. The only problem is getting it anywhere but online. I've never seen it in any auto stores.

Amazon has it now. They sell a case of 6 qts for 50 bucks, free shipping.

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
Full syntec as in a group iv base stock and not a group iii with pao added.

Pennzoil ultra is high on my list of good shit. However im cheap and use rotella t6.

same here and never had a problem with T6.

WickedLou9

I'm a geek
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I am tempted to use the T6 myself because of cost. I drive 500 miles a week so I change my oil alot.

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
I haven't noticed any negative to raise a flag and stop using it. It's cheap, and it's been proven to work well.

penpal

Srs Bzns
Car(s)
07 GTI , 12 R, 18 R
For some lame reason, T6 in Canada isn't much cheaper. I have to stock up when it goes on sale. Even then its still ~30 bucks for a jug.

WickedLou9

I'm a geek
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Ive read many voas and have 3 to my name for rotella...Theres no such thing as a warranty for me so i dont care about vw spec. It has a nice high zinc additive for cam follower wear so i like it alot.

Next in line would be redline then the pennzoil ultra.

Interesting.

Ok so I think you have convinced me to try it. I am going to do a OUA the next 2 changes. Right now I am running MObil 1 0w-40 but I am not pleased with it. I am burning oil at a much higher rate then I was with Castrol. Normally I have to add a quart in between changes ( 5000 miles). I have added 1.5 quarts of mobil 1. F that Shit.

Next change is the Pennzoil because I already bought it. The one after that I am going to Rotella.

I have done UOA on Castrol 5w-40 and the German Castrol 0w-30 and both always come back with good results. That stuff is expensive though. It's like 9 bucks a quart.

U.G.MKV

Stealth mode
Car(s)
2007 mkv
The cheapest place I have found Castrol syntec is my dealership. It's 7.53 a quart and it's 9.69 at all the auto part stores.

CaptainPumpkin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW
Ive used the Pennzoil ultra 5w-40 for my last 2 oil changes and I have another case for my next one. Its seems good so far. Nothing particular to complain about. The burn off seems similar to rotella which I have also used. If I had to rate them I'd go,

Rotella (old mix) > Rotella T6 > Pennzoil Ultra > German Castrol
(best)

WickedLou9

I'm a geek
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Got my OUA results back. Best report yet. I have done analysis 4 times previously. This test came back better than any previous test. I almost always ran the Castrol Syntec 5w-40 or 0W-30 ( German Castrol) . The Pennzoil Ultra has resulted in lower wear metals than any test I have done before and that is with the engine reaching 100k miles.

Attachments

• UOA.JPG
    UOA.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 2,601