GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tint Group Buy/Install Interest Thread

Amelios

Ready to race!
Ok... Spoke with the owner of Winner's Window Tint (http://winnerswindowtint.com/) and got some info from him.

He can do a group buy/install for us for $159 edit: now $150 !/car (flat - taxes included). This price goes for 2dr or 4dr cars, but ONLY VWs one caveat: New Beetles can not be done for this price - apparently they're very difficult and time consuming to install tint on. This is for Solar Gard (http://www.solargard.com/) films (good stuff from what I've read).

He said a Saturday would work best (they're normally closed on Sundays, but could possibly arrange something for us if we have enough). I would need to give him about a week's notice (so let's get this going)...

We could also possibly arrange to have parts of the group at the different shops (Rockville, Annapolis, Frederick).

So here we go... If you're interested, post what kind of car (and # of doors), which location would work best for you, and your weekend availability for the foreseeable future. I'll keep this post updated with the count. I'm going to try to crosspost this on Vortex.

04/11/07 Afternoon edit: We're on for the 21st in Rockville and 28th in Annapolis. I've given him the information on the cars that should be at the different locations on the different dates - please don't flake out! :p They open in Rockville at 9AM and Annapolis at 10AM. Please show up as close as you can at these times so they can get us going - they will have other customers coming in throughout the day and we don't want to hold up their other business.

I wasn't able to accommodate a few of you (pgde, level_10, and Charolastra) on your first preferences (time, date, location, etc.). You can call them at either the Annapolis ((410) 266-6788) or Rockville ((301) 738-8468) stores (ask for Lawrence and mention the VW group buy). He can accommodate you guys at some other time (or location) that fits your preferences better.

Some other good news, I got the price down to $150 flat per car. It's not much, but it's a couple gallons of gas, no? If you want to get a front visor strip done, they'll do that for an extra $20.

This is for Solar Gard non-metallic high performance smoke film. I asked about Huper Optik films. They can do them, but they're significantly more expensive and would run somewhere in the neighborhood of $250 per car. You can discuss this with them at the shop if you're interested in that.

Feel free to post any other questions, and if you haven't signed up yet, feel free to join in.

* 1. Amelios - 07 2dr GTI - Open Availability - Annapolis, Rockville
* 2. Dirtymex (golfmkv) - 07 4 door GTI - Open availability - Annapolis
* 3. wuman82 (golfmkv) - 07 4 door GTI - any saturday except the 14th and the 28th - Rockville
* 4. Hokie GTI (vortex) - 4dr GTI - Open availability - Rockville
* 5. omega (golfmkv) - 06 2 door GTI - any saturday - Rockville
6. Epibenji (vortex) - 01 4dr Jetta - open availability - Annapolis
* 7. Si2GLI (vortex) - 04.5 GLI - anytime except 28th - Rockville
8. level_10 (vortex) - 05 2dr GTI - *not saturdays* - Rockville
* 9. theAntiRiced (vortex) - 05 GTI - not 21st (Sandy Point G2G) - Annapolis
* 10. Dwightkschrute (vortex) - 07 2dr rabbit - not 4/20-22 - Rockville
11. Charolastra (vortex) - 03 Passat wagon - prefer 4/21 - Rockville
12. jrigatoni (vortex) - 06 2dr GTI - open availability (?) - Rockville(?)
* 13. Wahooligan82 (vortex) - 06 2-door GTI MkV - Open Availability - Rockville
* 14. pgde (vortex) - 06.5 4dr Jetta - making individual arrangements - Frederick
* 15. no-blue-screen (vortex) - 06 Jetta TDI - 4/28 - Annapolis
* 16. bobawy (vortex) - 06 Passat - 5/5 - Rockville

* = Acknowledged

Last edited:

Dirtymex

2. Neil - 07 4 door GTI - Open availability - Annapolis

When i called them today, they said they could do the Huper Optik for the same price as the solarguard (quoted $229 for 4 door).
Would it be possible to get this film instead?

omegach

Banned
1. Amelios - 07 2dr GTI - Open Availability - Annapolis, Rockville
2. Dirtymex (golfmkv) - 07 4 door GTI - Open availability - Annapolis
3. wuman82 (golfmkv) - 07 4 door GTI - any saturday except the 14th and the 28th - Rockville
4. Hokie GTI (vortex) - 4dr GTI - Open availability - Rockville
5. omega (golfmkv) - 06 2 door GTI - any saturday - Rockville

Amelios

Ready to race!
Yeah... I'm personally pretty happy with the $159... a 20% savings over what I was quoted for just my car...

I meant to put the lifetime warranty thing in the OP... It does definitely include that... That's the main reason I'm going to Winners for this... ssmith got his tints done there and had nothing but good things to say about them... And everybody I've talked to there seems to be very nice and completely professional about the whole thing... They really stand behind their work...

edit: Also, I think the price I was originally quoted didn't include taxes so I guess that's a bit more of a savings, too...

edit edit: Also meant to mention (already posted it on vortex)... I'm going to call up Winners tomorrow and get some questions answered (I can ask about the Huper Optik films at the same time)... I'm tentatively looking at doing this on the 21st...

wuman82

Not A Newbie
I think 159 is heck of a deal, the lowest I got quoted for my car was $180 and LA Tint quoted me $220.

comon we need a couple of more cars guys.

Amelios, when you call them tomorrow can you check with them to see if they have sample tint for show. I really can't decide if I want 50% or 35%, I'm afraid that 50% isn't dark enough or 35% is too dark. It would be great if I can see some samples from them. Thanks.

Amelios

Ready to race!
Yeah... I'll check with them on samples... I'm sure they'll have them at the shop...

Also, theAntiRiced over on vortex came up with the awesome suggestion of doing 2 days (the big Sandy Point G2G is in Annapolis on the 21st)... So when I call today I'm going to see about setting up 2 day: one on the 21st in Rockville and the other on the 28th in Annapolis...

How's that sound to you kids?

Amelios

Ready to race!
*bump* This is on!!! Check the OP for more information.

Please PM me if you're listed to confirm your acknowledgement.

Amelios

Ready to race!
I can get you in... You'd just need to call Lawrence at Winner's and tell him you're with us... He can get you in at some other time... If you want to do that, lemme know and I'll add you to the list...

Amelios

Ready to race!
Just call up Lawrence (he's at the Annapolis location today) and setup a time and location (I'm assuming Rockville will work best for you)... You don't HAVE to let me know... I was just keeping a list of who all was involved and whatnot...