GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Side Window Deflectors

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
OK i was looking at some also when i got my GTI back in feb last year, anyway it looks like the GTI/Rabbit doesn't have enough space for these types of Wind deflectors...I had them on my MKIV, and the issues is that there is just not enough space for them to fit in. If they are like the ones for the MKIV, then you have to bend them into place, and they have pieces that actually slides in behind the door frame, but the MKV's don't have the room to fit the "holders". I am probably not explaining this all that clear. But just know they won't FIT. You have to get the ones that your "STICK" on your car with TAPE!! which sucks!!!

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
but they don't work, i don't see how they can work. just go outside look at your car, i can take pictures to show, if people need to see what i am talking about.

But rabbit and GTI doors are the same.

b3rollind3ville

Ready to race!
any one have pics of it on a GTI :iono:

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
i've been looking for these for a long time... no luck, still.

and yes, that bitch is creepy lol :laugh:

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
YOU can get them at Weathertech.com but like i said already.....THEY WON'T WORK ON MKV's BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF SPACE AT THE TOP OF THE DOOR FRAME!!!! Do you know how it is installed? It slides inbetween the WINDOW and the DOOR FRAME...take a look at your GTI and you will notice that there is like 1/2 inch of room just enough for the windows to slide in and closed. I had a set for my MKIV and they were great, but if they are the same design as MKIV's then FORGET IT!!

Unless they REDESIGN it, the only option is to get the TAPED ones, which there doesn't seem to be any room for those either!!!!!!!

DesmoDan

AutoX Pylon
YOU can get them at Weathertech.com but like i said already.....THEY WON'T WORK ON MKV's BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF SPACE AT THE TOP OF THE DOOR FRAME!!!! Do you know how it is installed? It slides inbetween the WINDOW and the DOOR FRAME...take a look at your GTI and you will notice that there is like 1/2 inch of room just enough for the windows to slide in and closed. I had a set for my MKIV and they were great, but if they are the same design as MKIV's then FORGET IT!!

Unless they REDESIGN it, the only option is to get the TAPED ones, which there doesn't seem to be any room for those either!!!!!!!

They work!

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupId=4&VehId=677&Year=2007&VehOptChoiceIds=18

See the picture? It's of a MkV Rabbit. I have a set on the front doors of my 4 door GTI. They installed beautifully and simply. They are held into the window channel by tension and are very secure. Simple to remove as well. Great customer service too. Becareful during installation or the tabs that fit inside the window channel will break when you first close the window. I broke the driver side one. Weathertech sent me a new pair, no questions asked. They work perfectly with the windows closing now and are not bad looking for what they are. I'm thinking about getting a pair for the rear.

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
They work!

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupId=4&VehId=677&Year=2007&VehOptChoiceIds=18

See the picture? It's of a MkV Rabbit. I have a set on the front doors of my 4 door GTI. They installed beautifully and simply. They are held into the window channel by tension and are very secure. Simple to remove as well. Great customer service too. Becareful during installation or the tabs that fit inside the window channel will break when you first close the window. I broke the driver side one. Weathertech sent me a new pair, no questions asked. They work perfectly with the windows closing now and are not bad looking for what they are. I'm thinking about getting a pair for the rear.

wholly crap...i still think the door frame is too thin for them...i bet the one touch function always goes off when shutting the window!!!!!!

Still this is great if it will work, i had them in my MKIV...i guess i may order a set and see if it works. definitely needed since i am a SMOKER!!! I know I know bad bad to smoke in my car, but hey it's a nasty addiction!!!!!

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
Ok here comes the pics....so i took a few pics from different angles so people can see what it looks like.

I didn't really have the time to do a DIY, because I had to install my SMOKED MIRROR BLINKERS, which btw wasn't too bad an install...I thought it was going to be hard because the instructions only had pictures...but all went well and had them in in about 10mins each side. Very stoked about them...looks great. Here is a pic.

Also, while at it I installed my Blue Aspherical Mirrors on...real simple to do, takes about 3 mins each one. They are awesome, only the Driver Side is Aspherical, but that's the side with the worse BLIND SPOT!! It takes some getting use to, but once that is done...they are GREAT...A PLUS for anyone with w/a Rabbit/GTI!! Here is just a quick snap shot.

Then i had to install my US R32 Tails, those weren't so bad except for the 2 top nuts of the INNER Tails SUCKED DICK!!!! they were a biatch to get off and on, took me forever...Those who have changed their tails know what I am talking about...anyway here are some night pics...that shows the nice LED on the side...which makes them different then the STOCK besides being SMOKED. I am also very happy with the results.

So here are the pics of the Wind Visor from WeatherTech.com

xpricecheckx

Passed Driver's Ed
umass, any comment on one touch and pinch protection have u seen any problems yet?