GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

01044 control module incorrectly coded

pinoygti

boss balita??
Car(s)
2008 Bmp Gti Fsi
just got a vag-com and scan my car and found this fault code just wondering could cost this code. the can have been set to euro setting for ftp high beam also drl off, key fob control on windows. any suggestion would be great:thumbsup:

vagike

It is highly NOT recommended to copy and paste one's line code.

IF THIS IS WHAT YOU DID, YOU JUST SHOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT.

but lets continue....

what modifications have recently been done?

vagike

It is exactly how it sounds.

It is line code that the ECU or control modules interprets for vehicle options.

There have been some people who have posted their line code online, and other people copy and paste the line code into the ECU with the use of VAG-COM software, such as Ross-Tech VCDS.

Different models of a module have been produce for vehicles, each with their own code.

If a person did not manually go through and manually change the options and just merely copy line code, I say again.. you shot yourself in the foot.

There is no revert,
no undo.
If you don't have your original line code,
there is nothing to fall back on for diagnosis.

vagike

Quoted from Ross-Tech:

01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
Possible Symptoms

Reduced Functionality

Possible Causes

Control Module incorrectly coded

Possible Solutions

. .Check Gateway Installation List
. .Check/Fix Control Module Coding
. .See Vehicle Specific Diagnostic Procedures for Details

Special Notes

When found in CAN-Gateway:
. .On a Long Coded module, use the Gateway Installation List to check for unreachable or not registered control modules. Then update the Gateway [Installation List] by altering the Gateway Coding manually.
. .On a Short Coded modules, refresh the original coding with the same value. For example, code it from 00006 -to- 00006 without making an actual change.

When found in the Comfort System on the VW New Beetle/Cabriolet (1C/1Y/9C) this may be a bug in the module that will be resolved by refreshing the coding with the same value as described above with the CAN Gateway example.

HeartMyVeedub

Ready to race!
Gotcha. I never copy pasted any code, always went through the long coding helper, still am getting this fault for some reason. Wild vw be able to reset it?

pinoygti

boss balita??
Car(s)
2008 Bmp Gti Fsi
It is highly NOT recommended to copy and paste one's line code.

IF THIS IS WHAT YOU DID, YOU JUST SHOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT.

but lets continue....

what modifications have recently been done?

I just recently installed a the downpipe then I got the code from exhaust leak so I decide to get a vag- com then scan then I got this fault code ,I think I have this for awhile even before the dp installed ,also never did paste and copy code a fellow member and shop did my vag- com tweak 6 months ago .

MKV Aaron

Form Follows Function
Car(s)
Golf R
I have this code too.

Euro settings, all front light mods, etc.

The only thing that is a bit funky is the cabin lights will come on when the passenger door is opened, but the immediately turn off.

Don't care enough to figure it out unless someone knows whats wrong.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
First thing I do in any long coding procedure is make a test file of stock value and email it to the person who owns the car.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G Shift using Tapatalk

vagike

Do an Auto-Scan to see if any other modules are posting codes. The Auto-Scan will scan each individual module.

Did you try clearing the code?

What country did you re-code your car to for the flash-to-pass?

vagike

I just recently installed a the downpipe then I got the code from exhaust leak so I decide to get a vag- com then scan then I got this fault code ,I think I have this for awhile even before the dp installed ,also never did paste and copy code a fellow member and shop did my vag- com tweak 6 months ago .

So what you are saying is until the scan for the exhaust leak, you had no idea about the 01044 code?

check the mileage stamp for the 01044 code and compare to current vehicle mileage. If it was from a while back, could have been generated when you were initially tweaking with long-coding.

pinoygti

boss balita??
Car(s)
2008 Bmp Gti Fsi
Scandinavia euro setting ftp, drl off ,key fob window control and heres all the code i pull out some of it i might know the reason

02635 - Tuner Not Enabled/Activated

02390 - Control / Regulation for Ambience Lighting (E400) 009 - Open or Short to Ground-This could be when the lcoming/leaving home but it doesnt work

00576 - Terminal 15
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit - Intermittent
00883 - Ignition Switch (D) Terminal S
00884 - Ignition Switch (D) Terminal X
01744 - Ignition Switch Terminal P (D)
00885 - Ignition Switch (D) Terminal 50

this on code im not sure it could be bad ignition switch or open wiring from the boost gauge.

01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
000 - -

00871 - Bass Speaker Front Right (R23)
011 - Open Circuit-
this one the only problem i have on my car the right passenger speaker replace by warranty once the went back after expire, i replace it again but it will come back randomly sounds like a blown speaker

01521 - Sensor for Tire Pressure- off for winter tire

I hope this give alot of info i did try to clear it but this the code always come back

pinoygti

boss balita??
Car(s)
2008 Bmp Gti Fsi
this the mileage said when i auto scan it Mileage: 121320km/75384miles which is my current miles im going to individually can again to see if thats the same mile