GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Bulb Comparison Pics (HID & Fog)

Special thanks to (Why can't I remember his screen name?) Eric for getting together to take these comparison pics...

The United Gray (LEFT) has the stock 4300k HID's and Laminex yellow fog covers. My Candy White (RIGHT) has the Philips Ultinon 6000k HID's and Hoen Endurance Yellow Fogs. Let the games begin...

The pictures speak for themselves so I don't think I have to tell you which is which...

Attachments

• GTIBulbs 003.jpg
    GTIBulbs 003.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 3,189
  • GTIBulbs 006.jpg
    GTIBulbs 006.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 3,171
  • GTIBulbs 007.jpg
    GTIBulbs 007.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 3,280
  • GTIBulbs 011.jpg
    GTIBulbs 011.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 3,169
  • GTIBulbs 013.jpg
    GTIBulbs 013.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 3,165
Last edited:
More shots...

Attachments

• GTIBulbs 040.jpg
    GTIBulbs 040.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 3,141
  • GTIBulbs 045.jpg
    GTIBulbs 045.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 3,136
  • GTIBulbs 046.jpg
    GTIBulbs 046.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 3,160
  • GTIBulbs 033.jpg
    GTIBulbs 033.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 3,132
  • GTIBulbs 031.jpg
    GTIBulbs 031.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 3,115

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
what are you trying to prove that the better quality bulb is always going to look better????

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
I can tell which car is which...but don't you think saying that the car on the left is the UG and right is the CW.....

It might help some of the "younger" users out.

:thumbsup:

how much were the up grades on the CW?

:coolpics:

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
NoRegrets, I have the exact the same set up. I have couple of additions to your DIY if you dont mind i would like to pm to you, so you can update it.

I noticed a real small loss in visibility, i mean real slight difference, almost next to nothing, but i am enojoying the bright bluish look a lot

NoRegrets, I have the exact the same set up. I have couple of additions to your DIY if you dont mind i would like to pm to you, so you can update it.

I noticed a real small loss in visibility, i mean real slight difference, almost next to nothing, but i am enojoying the bright bluish look a lot

Absolutely...send away!

what are you trying to prove that the better quality bulb is always going to look better????

Not trying to prove anything...just sharing.

I can tell which car is which...but don't you think saying that the car on the left is the UG and right is the CW.....

It might help some of the "younger" users out.

:thumbsup:

how much were the up grades on the CW?

:coolpics:

The HID bulbs were 230 shipped...and the hoen fogs were I think 40.

MKV Shqiptar

Got the diseeaaassee
Car(s)
hhhhaaaaaa
do we just need the bulbs? or a whole HID kit? i know we have xenons but i never understood if we needed the hid wiring kit or can we just replace the bulbs w/ the 6000k,8000k,10 000k and so on and so one

jkaruzas

Autocross Champion
do we just need the bulbs? or a whole HID kit? i know we have xenons but i never understood if we needed the hid wiring kit or can we just replace the bulbs w/ the 6000k,8000k,10 000k and so on and so one

you can get new bulbs with our current setup (i.e. 8000K, 10000K, etc.) without changing anything at all. keep in mind that the higher the color output, the less bright it will shine. typically in the city it won't make too much of a difference (due to the high levels of ambient light), and you'll get that nice bluish-violet tint.

one way to get the altered color while retaining brightness is to switch from our 35 watt ballast to a larger (maybe 55 watt) ballast. check out www.hidplanet.com for some good info. and www.hidplanet.com/forums for some real good discussion on everything lighting.

btw, if you are looking for that color with the fog lights, you have to get a full kit (housing, ballasts, wiring, and bulbs) because our stock setup is just a halogen bulb setup.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
im digging the 6000k, looks like thats nex mod before DP.