GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where is the G65 sensor and is it serviceable at home?

x047x

Car(s)
'08 GTI
My air conditioning doesn't work and the compressor wont kick on (when I turn the AC on there is new strain on the engine). I assumed it was a bad compressor and assumed it would never get fixed because I'm cheap but then I scanned and Vag-Com revealed the following code:

Address 08: Auto HVAC Labels: 1K0-820-047.LBL
Part No SW: 1K0 820 047 HS HW: 1K0 820 047 HS
Component: Climatic PQ35 142 1111

1 Fault Found:
00819 - High Pressure Sensor (G65)
009 - Open or Short to Ground

Could this prevent the compressor coming on?
Where is the G65 sensor?
Can I change it without evacuating the system?

part number: 1K0-959-126-A

TIA

VWCASH

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI 2007
Its right by the a/c compressor on the core support at the bottom on the a/c line. And yes you can change it with out evacuating the system.

Psantana07

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the same problem with the exception that I replaced the g65 pressure valve, but still vag-com is not erasing the fault code, So I sent my car to the dealership and they checked all the wiring and they told me everyting was ok, they checked if they compressor had a leak but no the gas was still in the compressor, I haven't had Air conditioner for almost 3 weeks and hot days are driving me nuts.

arismkv

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mkv gli
I have the same problem with the exception that I replaced the g65 pressure valve, but still vag-com is not erasing the fault code, So I sent my car to the dealership and they checked all the wiring and they told me everyting was ok, they checked if they compressor had a leak but no the gas was still in the compressor, I haven't had Air conditioner for almost 3 weeks and hot days are driving me nuts.

I may be able to help with your solution. Sometimes i've noticed, when you run a scan on vag-com and clear the codes, that wont delete the code. You have to go to the specific location where that code is being thrown off from, read fault codes, then delete it from there. That always works for me..

Onto your AC issue. If your heated seats and your esp button are not working, there is a high chance your ac isn't either. There is a small 5amp fuse for seat warmers. Check that fuse, and see if its blown. That may be your issue right there.

Good luck