GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sawblades (wheel noob here)

well im digging the look of the saw blades on these cars and it just so happens that where i live they come a dime a dozen for incredibly cheap so here are my questions

1. if i could get a non staggered set of the smaller wheels (8.5inch) would that work better than the staggered?

2. what size tires would i be putting on these/ would a shop even put them on?

3. how low/ what style suspension should i have and would i have rubbing issues etc., i dont want completely slammed but as close as i can get and still dd with static suspicion preferably

gtidrew

europeanag
1. no it doesnt matter what size you get the only downside with running staggard wheels is that you cant rotate them, i ran 9.5 all around and was fine

2. if they are 8.5 you can do a 205/45 and if they are 9.5 a 215/45 is good
and im sure you can talk to people and find a shop near you that will stretch them

3. coilovers are the best way to go since sawblades are 17's you need to be low to pull them off and if your on a budget i suggest fk streetlines the best bang for the buck i love mine and it is possible to go low without rubbing

you'll also need adapters i had adapt-it usa ones and they worked great

Last edited:

Last edited:
I will refer you to the official 2011 Sawblades thread on Vortex.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5147022-2011-Sawblades-Thread

Share the wealth and hook me up with some sawblades as well! hahaha :lol:

if your serious i might buy 2 sets and just use the 8.5's and you could have the 4 9.5s for half what i paid for them

and i could no joke get a set for 150 bucks around here, they are cheap as can be, i live in indy and people use c4 corvettes as throwaway cars pretty much, i could get a whole vette in running condition for around 2000 easy

and im def considering going gunmetal grey for these because nothing else seems to fit with the magic black paint imo

gtidrew

europeanag
mine were gunmetal with a polished lip

^love it

im thinking similar but cant decide between black or gunmetal

also what ssize tires

Last edited: