GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Technical Discussions > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust

Old 06-03-2011, 02:19 AM   #1
xplicit
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 09 GTI
Cel help code P0507

Hey. My car has a cel, code P0507, it says idle air control system rpm higher than expected.

Took it to the dealer they pretty much just said it did it 3 times out of my last 6 drive cycles.

Idk if it has anyhing to do with this but I was teaching my gf to drive standard while it came on so idk.

Current mods k04 and supporting mods

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2011, 11:03 PM   #2
vwteck1987
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2007 GTI
P0507 is a fault in the Throttle valve control module J338 (Throttle Body).
Could need re-adapted, could just have a poor connection, i would try unplugging it ( car off ) check the terminals, if ok plug it back in and see if it acts up any more. I work at a dealership and ive seen just unplugging them n plugging them back in fix it...also have had to re-pin the connector for some FSI motors on different models...might be possible that her driving it caused it to through a code, its an electronic actuator so if it is used to your throttle inputs and someone else drives it ( ecspecially getting used to a clutch n RPMs going crazy ) not out of the relm of possibilities
vwteck1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:17 PM   #3
eurocars
HEY TERRY!

Drives: GTI
Send a message via AIM to eurocars
could also be an air leak in or around the manifold/throttle body
9.5:1 JE Pistons, DM Forged H-beams, Calico coated bearings, ARP hardware, HEP Stage 3 intake manifold, Clutchmasters fx725 twin disc, AEM F/IC 6, FIC 1100CC aux injectors, RS4 primary injectors, APR Intercooler, FP HTA 3586R, Tail Q BOV, Tial 38mm wastegate, Bosch 044 low pressure fuel pump, APR HPFP, RS4 frv, VTA PCV, Turbosmart E-Boost2 EBC, Balance shaft delete, ETC
eurocars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:57 AM   #4
xplicit
FIA GT Champion

thanks for the input guys,

the dealer reset the code and it hasn't come back since ive been driving it, and i probably put about 100+ miles on it and still no cel
Old 06-04-2011, 02:14 AM   #5
eurocars
HEY TERRY!

probably just a fluke then
9.5:1 JE Pistons, DM Forged H-beams, Calico coated bearings, ARP hardware, HEP Stage 3 intake manifold, Clutchmasters fx725 twin disc, AEM F/IC 6, FIC 1100CC aux injectors, RS4 primary injectors, APR Intercooler, FP HTA 3586R, Tail Q BOV, Tial 38mm wastegate, Bosch 044 low pressure fuel pump, APR HPFP, RS4 frv, VTA PCV, Turbosmart E-Boost2 EBC, Balance shaft delete, ETC
Old 06-04-2011, 02:20 AM   #6
xplicit
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurocars View Post
probably just a fluke then
im super paranoid now, if infact something WAS wrong would the cel come back right away?
Old 06-04-2011, 02:22 AM   #7
eurocars
HEY TERRY!

most likely. If it does come back, it wont be hard to diagnose though. Its a simple code
Old 06-04-2011, 02:40 AM   #8
xplicit
FIA GT Champion

it was weird, the dealer said that the car would hold above normal idle for a few seconds before it idled normally,

if something breaks because they didn't take the time to properly diagnose it im gonna blow that place up
Old 06-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #9
alphabits
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: '06 GLI
Yea, welcome to the realm of dealerships cutting corners. They do that constantly. There are maybe a handful of techs nationwide that actually do the job and explore all options, but most could give two shits...it isn't their car.
As for the CEL going away, I wouldn't worry about it. If it comes back, you know what to expect.

'06 GLI FSI - "Das Auto, Bitch."
alphabits is offline   Reply With Quote