GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI fault p2015

panda_man22

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys did a quick search found some info but nothing that made my worries go away
I have just been flashed with APR stg 2 on my 09 TSI and a BB downpipe was installed

I got a CEL today
1 Fault Found:

008213 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1): Implausible Signal
P2015 - 000 - - - Intermittent - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 10100000
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 22
Mileage: 54392 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 06:33:10

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 2719 /min
Load: 9.0 %
Speed: 38.0 km/h
Temperature: 40.0°C
Temperature: 12.0°C
Absolute Pres.: 1010.0 mbar
Voltage: 14.224 V

I have cleared the code and it has returned for the last 20km of driving... from what ive read this is a fairly common problem for TSI motors. To remedy this is it just a connection problem or does the intake mani have to be reaplaced?

Thanks

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
check to make sure all of the connectors for the intake manifold are secure.
Also make sure the flapper motor pivoting arm is attached.

To see what i am talking about watch this video I made (from 1:00 on):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6McP_FmZ9Lk

panda_man22

Go Kart Champion
yeah i checked out everything under the hood before clearing the code all seems fine.....

in the scan there is a line "frequency" -- does that indicate how many times/errors there were during the drive?

edit -- also if i cleared codes will the dealer be a bale to bring them up?? if not im probably better off waiting for it to happen again before bringing it to them.

anyone know where i can find a copy of the TSB online for the TSI

Last edited:

alphabits

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'06 GLI
Someone was trying to tell me that the actuator arm gets stuck and needs lubrication every so often? Dunno if there was any truth to that or if he was just trying to sell me on some BS (tried to blame my misfires on it even though I was getting no CEL...) It maybe worth looking into it using Heretic's video as a guide.

stepx88

Go Kart Champion
had the same problem they replaced the intake manifold....fo freee!

alphabits

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'06 GLI
Son of a bitch. It could be the flapper motors. Does anyone know if the intake flapper motor thingie is covered under the power train since it is part of the engine?

panda_man22

Go Kart Champion
Son of a bitch. It could be the flapper motors. Does anyone know if the intake flapper motor thingie is covered under the power train since it is part of the engine?

it shoudl be powertrain

-- i cleared the cel, then it came back, then it went away without me cleaqring it??? can the dealer still pull the code if there is no engine light

dpancho

Passed Driver's Ed
Luckily I was still within warranty when I had mine replaced as well.... New intake manifold and 15k miles later, I haven't seen that code come back.

alphabits

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'06 GLI
If the engine light was on and no one cleared the code, the ECU should have stored it.

panda_man22

Go Kart Champion
If the engine light was on and no one cleared the code, the ECU should have stored it.

cool good to know -- it came back on today

also i called the dealership and made an appointment next week. From my understanding the 2010 or 2011 have a redesigned linkage for the flapper and les problems are expected with the new design....