GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Semting Headunit

mkvjetta25

I have had this unit for a month now. I love the unit and am very happy despite some basic issues like a loud jarring noise that occurs sometimes when switching from bluetooth stereo listening to music to a phone call.

Today though I have a major issue.

I used the navigation find yesterday but today when I try to access it, it stays stuck on the screen I have the image of below, looks like some kind of software error. I have reset the unit, removed and switched the SD cards, etc. Still stuck.

All the bluetooth, rear view camera, etc. still works but the navigation menu will not access and the main cpu screen I got when I first got the unit is not coming up either. Please let me know how to fix this ASAP as I use the navigation quite frequently for work.

have you tried reinstalling the GPS software per this thread http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144720 ?

mpg100

I cannot afford to go without navigation or a headunit for extended period of time as I drive about 500 miles a week, also I now will need to pay an installer to re-install the unit?

Seems quite inconvenient.

I will wait for the Semting rep to respond.

Semting

Audio & Video
I cannot afford to go without navigation or a headunit for extended period of time as I drive about 500 miles a week, also I now will need to pay an installer to re-install the unit?

Seems quite inconvenient.

I will wait for the Semting rep to respond.

I will ask an engineer for you tonight

mpg100

Thanks for the reply.

I am really not worried about the money as I am more worried about the convenience factor, but I will deal. Maybe we can work something out where I can pay you a deposit or something until I return the core unit.

Is Danilla correct about the route of the problem? (a few posts above)

Semting

Audio & Video
Thanks for the reply.

I am really not worried about the money as I am more worried about the convenience factor, but I will deal. Maybe we can work something out where I can pay you a deposit or something until I return the core unit.

Is Danilla correct about the route of the problem? (a few posts above)

I have no idea what he means by GPS module.

mpg100

Thanks, I appreciate the help, I really want to get the process rolling if I have to get another one. Please let me know if the problem is fixable without sending it in.

DigitalSqratch

makin me itch
Every source has the same problem. SDCard, USB flash and iPod.

Just wanted to chime in here. Just curious what software version you're running. Are you running the older one with the headphones in the radio mode or without the headphones? I'm curious because I play a lot of long DJ mixes as well, but I don't have this issue (i usually play through a USB flash drive & I'm running the sw version without headphones).

When you exit your car, do u leave the unit on and just pull out your keys, or do you manually power it off prior to removing your keys? Just for reference, I have to manually turn the unit off not because of the unit losing it's spot in the current track playing, but because on numerous occasions, my unit has killed my battery and my unit has reset itself.

If u don't, maybe try manually powering off the unit? Just trying to help...

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
I've been enjoying the Bluetooth connectivity on my unit so much I haven't bothered to go back in and diagnose the FM reception issue yet. Bluetooth auto-syncs with my iPhone 4 within maybe 3-4 seconds after the car is cranked and then I simple tap open Pandora and my ears are filled with whatever I so choose.

Also, I've made 4-5 test phone calls now and haven't had one person on the other end complain about call quality and I do NOT have an external mic with my unit, just the "new" internal one according to Rory. So not worrying about wiring an external mic is a big plus.

Now to elaborate on what Rory and others have said so far this head unit definitely sends more power to the speakers than the Premium 7 ever did. I can drive the volume on this up to about 25-30 (Goes up to 40-something) and the quality on the music is still crystal clear with the treble turned up to about 6 out of 7 and yet the speakers really give out respectable bass without bottoming out. So that's another big improvement over OEM.

One small complaint is that when I try to access my phonebook via the unit via Recent Calls or Missed Calls it doesn't load numbers from that list at all...it loads random numbers, some even 4 or 5 digits instead of the 10 digits a full phone number w/ area code is going to be. Not sure how to remedy that so I can actually see real numbers...

I ordered a 16GB SDHC from Amazon that should arrive Saturday then I can report more on the movie playback quality and features and such. If anyone else has any questions about the unit that I could test out on mine feel free to ask. I'm still tinkering with a lot of stuff lol.

chollas

Passed Driver's Ed
One small complaint is that when I try to access my phonebook via the unit via Recent Calls or Missed Calls it doesn't load numbers from that list at all...it loads random numbers, some even 4 or 5 digits instead of the 10 digits a full phone number w/ area code is going to be. Not sure how to remedy that so I can actually see real numbers...

I have the same issue with pulling up my regular phone book. I assumed it had something to do with the was my blackberry stored phone numbers. Rather than the headunit itself.

Do you have full MFD functionality ?

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
I have the same issue with pulling up my regular phone book. I assumed it had something to do with the was my blackberry stored phone numbers. Rather than the headunit itself.

Do you have full MFD functionality ?

Yeah...for me I know "Most" of the numbers I'd be calling by memory but for other people this could be a dealbreaker. And the iPhone 4 doesn't store numbers on the SIM card so I can't utilize that option on the unit. I might try clearing my recent calls list and see if that does anything but when I click "Stored" numbers I still get a huge list of mumbo jumbo.

But as far as MFD functionality goes, yes. Volume Up/Down, Phone Button on wheel works, track skip, etc... All working for me. Though as one user said earlier if you want to go up or down on the volume a lot at once you have to do it click-by-click and you cannot just hold the button down. Not something that bothers me but just wanting to point that out.