GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM Diverter Valve Revision D

SilvaGTI

Somebody stop me
Car(s)
Red Golf GTI Mk5
Can someone please explain what "Revision D" is and how I find out whether my car has this? I'm driving a 08 GTI...

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
It's a OEM replacement for the diverter valve....won't fail like the rubber diaphragm ones

None of the US GTI's will have it though
Unless you bought your car used, & maybe the previous owner swapped it out (?)

Just look under the car, above the passenger axle, and look for the last letter on the Diverter Valve's part number (printed on it)....it'll either be a C (older rubber version) or a G (newer rubber version)

On a stock car, you'd be fine with the "G" version.
When you get to modifying the car, you might wanna look at the "D" version for peace of mind

EDIT: Just noticed your location...Australia. Even so....the "D" diverter valve probably isn't on your GTI. It came on the Audi TT-S I believe (the 260hp FSI I think?)

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
It's a OEM replacement for the diverter valve....won't fail like the rubber diaphragm ones

None of the US GTI's will have it though
Unless you bought your car used, & maybe the previous owner swapped it out (?)

Just look under the car, above the passenger axle, and look for the last letter on the Diverter Valve's part number (printed on it)....it'll either be a C (older rubber version) or a G (newer rubber version)

On a stock car, you'd be fine with the "G" version.
When you get to modifying the car, you might wanna look at the "D" version for peace of mind

EDIT: Just noticed your location...Australia. Even so....the "D" diverter valve probably isn't on your GTI. It came on the Audi TT-S I believe (the 260hp FSI I think?)

this.... the bottom part.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
does the rev d valve sound different at all from the G or C?

It sounds different than the B i know that

ALL OEM valves are recirculating by design, so they are inherently quiet because they are plumbed back into the intake tract. The noise they produce will be based on the acoustics of the intake system being used and how it may resonate the sound.

If you were to add our blow-off valve spacer/adapter, that will amplify the sound which is the purpose of the adapter, but by itself, the OEM valves are not designed to produce a specific noise.

timb

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 Volkswagen GTI
I just installed a Forge DV, and it turns out the previous owner had already put the OEM Rev D on. I'm selling it for $50 shipped if anyone is interested.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
hey mike, would i be able to use my forge bov with ej dv relocation kit using revision d?

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
I thought Revisiion D was stock on mid-2007 and newer?

My 08 had a C to start, I seem to recall car was made fall 07. And yes C's tear rather easily w/extra boost. I'd run D for peace of mind stock or chipped.

SilvaGTI

Somebody stop me
Car(s)
Red Golf GTI Mk5
Thanks for the advice guys.
So does anyone have an opinion of whether I should replace the stockie with an OEM 'D' valve or the Forge product?

NewToVW

Automotive Ninja

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
hey silvagti, is that your car on your avatar?

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Thanks for the advice guys.
So does anyone have an opinion of whether I should replace the stockie with an OEM 'D' valve or the Forge product?
Quoted from http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2657706 :

Considering that our replacement valve was on the market to remedy the reliability issues with the earliest diaphragm revisions of the OEM valves long before the OEM "D" valve was available, it serves it's intended purpose quite well, and just as quickly and reliably as the OEM parts.

If someone has a "D" valve on their car already, you will never see or hear us telling them to remove it, as they appear to be performing just fine as far as we can tell, and have no known failures to date that we are aware of.

If someone has the "B", "C", or "G" valve, however, there is merit in upgrading to our unit as it will work better and more reliably. But as noted above, some people prefer our valve to even the "D" revision. I would venture to say they are pretty on par with one another in terms of performance and reliability.
OEM D is recommended even for stock cars because the diaphragm versions are known to tear even at stock boost levels. It's cheap insurance if you wanna stay stock but still drive aggressively, or you wanna go stage 1 plus intake. I'm not saying it's a waste of money to get the forge, it's just even better but also more expensive insurance for those who want it. I will eventually go with the forge sooner or later as I intend to upgrade further but I'm going to stay with OEM D until then. I installed it along with my remap, info at sig. So if it can hold just fine with my specs (and I run a quite aggressive K04 remap setting), you think it will have problems with a stage 1 or stage 2+ K03? That being said, OEM D is cheap insurance, forge DV is even better even if their difference is small. It's up to you which insurance you will choose I just threw in the facts. Some people just get an alarm to keep people from breaking into their house, others on top of that build their doors like a tank to keep Hulk from breaking into their house, even if it's unlikely they'll need it. Are they wrong? Nope. The right thing to do is often subjective, but the general idea is to upgrade everything as you go further. So, no you will not waste your money if you get the forge and anyone telling you it is a waste of money is an idiot. But you WILL regret not replacing your stock DV, sooner or later. See what kind of money you are willing to throw in, then decide which DV to get.