GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 sterring wheel on mk5

169music

Ready to race!
What else would i need besides the steering wheel of course lol.. I heard somethin about a sensor. Has anyone done this conversion??

lawn mower

Banned
you need a new air bag, and you need a new module if you want the buttons to work. PM guilford32 (username on here) he his a mk6 wheel in his car.

guilford32

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI
From what I have read if you have an 08 or later it is plug and play minus the the changing of some vagcom coding. As I am not 100% sure because my situation is a little different I would look into it more. You are more likely to get better help on vwvortex in the tech section than on here. A lot of the kids on this site are not super bright. There are a lot more people over there that have been in the vw scene for a long time and know all the ends and out. But from what I have read the 08's and old already have the high line CECM module's that you need in order for them to work. One way you can check is to take your OEM wheel off pull the plastic off the steering collem and look to see if you have the "CH" module it will be on a sticker on the bottom corner of the module. If you have the "CH" you have the older one and need to update it to the "CK" one. Make sure you disconnect your battery before doing this as you can ignite your air bag. If you dont know how to do this stuff please make sure you look up a DIY as I do not want to be held responsible for something happening top you or your car in this process and i get the blame for it. I am sure that would not happen but I gotta say it anyway. I hope all this helps and is not too drawn out and confusing. Let me know if you need anymore help or information. Also before I forget the DIY on vortex is a little miss leading all you need if you don't already have it is the module if you have the 2 stalks one for cruse control and one for your blinkers high beams and another for the wipers you do not need to convert it to the single stalk. You can make everything work with the coding swap and and the CK module. You will need someone who knows their way around vagcom because some of their coding is off also.

rs943

i put a non non-multifunction mk6 wheel on my dads caddy and i dident have to do any coading or wiring but if you want the multi function to work you may need a mk6 module