GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Long trip L.I., N.Y. - S.D., C.A. lots of pics

tomshouse516

tomtomtomotomtomtomtomtom
Car(s)
09 GT1
So two days the huge snow storm (12-20"), my girlfriend and I left Long Island for a 3 week trip. I had worked 19 hours straight through the night plowing, slept one night, than stayed up until 2:30am packing, and putting my friends badass 73' Honda cb500 bobber (why idk but I will post a pic of it asap).

12-29-10
5am 2.5 hours sleep we rolled out of NY. The highways were mostly clear except for a few random lanes that someone forgot to plow, this led to some close calls with people merging in at random. Between that and dodging manhole covers, construction, and the other normal horrible conditions of NYC's highway system getting out of NY proved interesting.

A long tired day of driving got us to Charlotte, N.C. at my GF's Uncles house.

12-31-10

After hanging out with her fam and catching up on sleep we hit an automated car wash ^ and headed out on I-40W. We cruised through Asheville, T.N. to check it out ate a cupcake, browsed a vintage store than got back on the road.

Random stop for gas and lunch

That night landed us in Nashville, T.N. for new years. We stayed with a friend of her's from college, and went to a house party at another friend's place. Unfortunately the night got ended early because my girlfriend ate a bad egg earlier in the day and got quite sick. New years 2011 bust.

1-1-11 weird
We woke up around 9am and got going, she still felt pretty shitty but we were Texas bound so all was well.

Apparently the car was running too well because I got bagged for doing 93 in a 70

We cruised through Memphis, T.N. before crossing over the Mississippi river into Arkansas.

Got pulled over again by a former N.Y. resident who let me off with a nice warning for doing 83 in a 65

Stopped at a Wal-mart met an old friend.

Buzzed into Texas got a few road photos.

Around this time the low tyre pressure light came on, my drivers rear tire was low, cracked the inner rim where there was a previous repair. I guess the combo of a loaded car, high air pressure, camber, and shitty highways and she gave up the ghost. Thankfully I packed a "fullsize" spare, Front 17"x8.5" Corvette wagon with a 205/45r17 tire.

1-2-11

Here we are at a Super 8, packing up next stop Austin, T.X. for a few days of partying, BMX and chillen.

I will be posting updates.

tomshouse516

Car(s)
09 GT1
theres so much shit in the back its sitting fucked up, i am going to fix the stance in austin. I was planning on adjusting everything one i loaded the car but it was 2am the day we were leaving so i went to sleep.

willsgti

Black Magic
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I was just in Asheville with my family wednesday. Its a cool town but way busy!

dglove07

Passed Driver's Ed
yea if your comin down here to austin your gonna wanna go out to one of the two state parks we have and just watch the cops here cause they are fuckin everywhere

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Nice pics and yeah what a trip. Welcome to san diego. Pm me for some cool places to eat and take some pics.

tomshouse516

Car(s)
09 GT1
no my wheels are 18"x9.5" all around I just had an extra front and a 205/45 17 so i threw that in there for a spare.

I know quite a few dudes in Austin so hopefully i get to ride the T1 ramp, and the Empire ramp. as well as a shit ton of street.

josein06gli I am still in Austin but I will pm you when I am in S.D.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Sweet deal. I'm from san antonio. Live in SD cuz I'm military. Party on 6th street bahahaha