GOLFMKV

October 17th - VWoA HQ - VW .:R32 GTG!!

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
WHAT: VW .:R32 Get Together: Meet, Greet, drive and Karting
WHEN: October 17th, 2010, Times below.
WHERE: VW of America Headquarters (Starting point)
WHO: Anyone with an .:R32, and a willingness to get to VWoA on the 17th of October.

OK folks!

Here are the final details for your viewing pleasure:
  • 12PM: Arrival time at VWoA
  • 12PM - 2PM: Meet & Greet, look at cars, talk, some prizes will be passed out as well.
  • 2PM: Departure for Summit Point.
  • 3PM-ish: Arrive at Summit Point
  • 3PM - 6M: Karting runs at Summit Point!
  • 6PM: Head to Dinner for anyone who hasn't blown enough time/money as yet.

We will be meeting at VW Headquarters for some show-time, talk-time, and whatever anyone wants to do. We will have some goodies to pass out as well so don't be the last to show up. At 2 PM we will begin the caravans out to Summit Point Karting for some real driving fun! We wanted to make it pure .:R driving fun but the location makes proper routes difficult to work up, and we figured Karting would be a great alternative. We will divide into 2-4 caravans dependent on how many .:Rs we get at the event; but each group will have at least 2 drivers who know the route (Address will be available for anyone with GPS as well)

Once we hit Summit Point; we have special pricing for everyone attending as follows:

For Members: Summit Point Karting members will receive all runs for the day at half price. Information is on their website (linked above) if you would like to join up prior to attending the Meet.

For Non-Members: Non-members will receive 2 Karting sessions and a T-Shirt for $40. Regular non-member price is $25 per run so you get a decent deal and a shirt out of it too!

Anyone planning to Kart; you must have close-toed shoes, your driver's license, and your money/credit card. You likely want to bring gloves as well, as it is an outdoor track. Summit Point will provide you helmets, suits and Head Sock. you can of course bring your own gear if you like and have any; helmets must be full-face with a visor.

Finally at 6PM we will depart Summit Point and head to Leesburg VA for dinner, for anyone who wants to hang out a little longer. Dinner location to be determined but we won't be hitting any Ruth's Chris Steakhouses or anything

We will be taking pictures and video of the various events so keep an eye out even if you can't attend in person

If you have any questions or comments; feel free to post here, PM me, or PM Rdurty2 and we will get you an answer.

Can't wait to see all the DC area .:Rs!

Trinite7787

Ready to race!
i will be, for a little, to much Ravens vs. Pats to make the gtg

Trinite7787

Ready to race!
it will be on the DVR as well i am tempted to put a tv in the car or my laptop to hook up to my pioneer with an aircard for the way home.

-jakrbt-

.:R32 OG
Damn! Wish I could make it to this! Sounds like it's gonna be a lot of fun! But no Ruth's Chris? WTF!

Really, though, sounds like you guys are gonna have a great time. We need to do something like this here. Don't know of any karting facilities around, although there are a couple of race tracks not too far away. May have to check into doing something like this here in NTX.

Lemme know how it goes, man! :thumbsup:

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
Herndon Virginia; if you leave tomorrow morning you should be able to make it just in time :biggrin: