To everyone who lives where there is snow and ice: Be careful

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Holy crapola Batman!

synewave

Passed Driver's Ed
i have a 07 with the "new" ice dam and weather striping and i when i got in my car this morning i decided to look and see if there was any ice in the door jam where people are having problem and low and behold there was some ice there on both doors(about 3 inches long and maybe about 1/2 inch thick). i was able to remove it and i will see if it starts to accumulate any more over the next few days. though i doesn't sound like the same problem it kinda scared me anyway.

maypo59

Passed Driver's Ed
So, when this happened on your other cars, you where not concerned? I have owned cars for over 40 years, and ice in the door jam is not a new thing and certainly nothing VW could prevent.

Wow! I have owned cars for over thirty years, only 3/4 of the time as you, but I will take extra credit because for a signifcant amount of that time I lived in places like N. Minnesota and Alaska, and very Northern Europe, drove cars and trucks from nearly every maker in the free world, and couple commie cars too... NEVER seen that happen like that. Sure, seen ice build up, kicked it off like everybody else. that is ice build up IN the door frame area, where you can't kick it off, and where you WILL hurt your car when you open the door. Deffinatly something to watch for. Luckily, I have an older AWD to drive when it's nasty out.. Thumper just sits in the garage and pouts.

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
Wow! I have owned cars for over thirty years, only 3/4 of the time as you, but I will take extra credit because for a signifcant amount of that time I lived in places like N. Minnesota and Alaska, and very Northern Europe, drove cars and trucks from nearly every maker in the free world, and couple commie cars too... NEVER seen that happen like that. Sure, seen ice build up, kicked it off like everybody else. that is ice build up IN the door frame area, where you can't kick it off, and where you WILL hurt your car when you open the door. Deffinatly something to watch for. Luckily, I have an older AWD to drive when it's nasty out.. Thumper just sits in the garage and pouts.

X2 I've had plenty of cars and have never seen this happen. If it was so common, you should be able to walk around a parking lot and see damage on other cars.

I'd take nc-gti's comments with a grain of salt. He's had other winners like saying the GTI's fuel injectors being frozen might be the cause of one posters problems. He also recommended immediately driving a car on a cold morning because it builds up heat in the engine and warms the oil quicker. :drinking:

italia1

Forza Azzurri
Everytime I see these pics it scares the crap out of me :eek:

Is there anyway to remove the snow with your hands, or is it unreachable, I try to get in as far as I can but I don't know if i'm getting it all.