GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

XYZ, D2 and K-Sport the true story

4turbo

I am in the car parts(especially tuning) wholesale business. We are the exclusive EBC and Goodridge dealers in Romania and we also are official dealers for Powerflex, Bilstein, Tarox, and AP. As you can see we are accustomed with only serious suppliers.
I am writing this article hoping that no one will have the same bad luck as we did.
Because I received a lot of advertising emails from XYZ, I decided to give XYZ a try because I needed a suspension that was only available from them. I ordered 4 suspensions and a brake kit. The delivery time was supposed to be 7-10 days but they didnt respected it and the order was ready for dispatch after 21 days!!!. One of the suspensions did not fit and one of the brake kits came with the wrong bolt pattern.

I wrote to my sales agent and after sending pictures and making a lot of measurements during a whole week, she gave me the solution: the return of the items is not accepted because is not their fault they did not fit. The only argument they had was:”we sold these to a lot of customers and they dind not had any problems with them”

I modified the brake kit and fitted it but after 100km the rotors started to vibrate and when we checked them, the aluminium hats were deformed and not because of the heat but because the material was too weak for this type of application. I contacted the sales agent but the answer came a lot faster this time: improper usage, no warranty.

I advise all potential buyers to stay away from the 3 Taiwanese brands: XYZ, D2 and K-Sport, they are all made in the same factory, all parts are interchangeable and all share the same low quality and absolutely no warranty.
- The package and the paint quality of their products is very high but at a closer look you will recognize a cheap “made in China” design who does not worth the money(480$/coilover and 780$/330mm brake kit).
- The suspension hardness is adjustable but the difference between the hardest and softest settings is imperceptible and the shocks are very fragile(after only 3 trackdays there was a lot of play on the front shocks on a MK5 GTI).
- The diameter of the calipers` pistons in their brake kits is the same for all cars and in many cases they are a downgrade instead of an upgrade, the pistons surface being smaller that the one from the oem caliper. The 6 pot caliper has is in fact a 2 piston caliper. Despite the fact it has 3 pistons/side, 2 of them have 35mm diameter and the third has only 25mm. The total area is 2415mm² which is smaller than the area of almost any oem caliper(a standard Golf MK5 caliper has 57mm diameter piston with an area of 2551mm)

I hope this review is helpful.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
I love my ksports. They could go a little lower but meh, I dont need it with the roads around here. I thrash my car every chance I can get on turns, etc and no real change in suspension stiffness. Sucks you had probs OP.

Red-2009-GTI

Ready to race!
It could be you get different spec parts from K-Sport than what is sold here in the USA. I have heard several good reports on K-Sport out this way, but I bought Koni coilovers personally.

BinaryPie

Moar Fast!
I'm sorry you had to go through all of this.

I'm honestly not surprised. None of those manufacturers you listed are on the high end of the performance scale. They are cheap but that is about it. :)

Next time save a little time/money and go with a more performant and higher quality brand. I know the hit to the wallet hurts. However, in the end you will be much happier.