GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Black Leather Shift Boot w/Red Stitching & Shift Knob

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
SOLD!!!

I have my stock leather shift boot with red stitching added paired up with a Euro leather wrapped shift knob (6 speed).

The shift boot was done by the same guy (auto interior guy) that did my e-brake handle cover. He did a PERFECT job on the shift boot though....10/10. Looks awesome!

For the shift knob....a leather wrapped Euro shift knob (excellent condition).

Everything is in perfect condition (no crumbs/dust on or in the boot like you see in some cars on here, lol)

Goes well with either the Edition 30 e-brake handle or red stitched e-brake handle that I'm selling! :biggrin:

$50 SHIPPED obo

PICS:

When it was installed:

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Does the Euro shift knob weighted? Does it sit lower then the stock knob?

About the same weight as stock

And yes it does sit lower than the stock knob....about a 1/2"

I also cut my stock shifter down too (just down to the line on the stock shifter)....it's only about a 1/2"
You can't really go any lower though, because the shift knob bottoms out on the threads that it "grabs" with that pinch ring

I have a picture from the side I can post up (gimme a sec)....it's definitely shorter/sits better than stock

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
It definitely sat lower though & bunched up the boot a little (well laid down better too in the shift surround)

I thought I had a side profile shot, but I don't....this is the other pic I have:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
How easy is this to swap out?

UBER SIMPLE!

The stock shift surround/boot/frame...just snaps into the center console.
Pull up on it.
Then pull up on the stock shift knob....give it a tug straight up....it'll come off.
Slide the new knob onto the shifter....pinch the crimp ring with pliers
Slide the boot down & snap it into the center console.

Takes 2 minutes, literally