GOLFMKV

Video of my lap at the Nurburgring

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R DSG
Enjoy:happyanim:

http://vimeo.com/11100503

This video shows an 8min 18sec bridge to gantry section, an 8min 45sec full 'ring and a 10min 42sec flying lap from/to the 50 yard marker for the first turn.

Best of the day was an 8min 15sec bridge to gantry off a 10min 37second full lap.:cool:

My car is a Euro spec Edition 30 GTI with full bolt-on's and suspension, running Toyo R888 track tyres.

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R DSG
Sweet video! Was this your first time there?

Also, what is the weird clicking sound that happens every few seconds?

No I've been a few times, but this was the first proper trackday that anyone had been allowed to organise for 5yrs!!

The weird clicking is the camera mount.:biggrin:

Last edited:

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Damn, your engine makes nice sound and power on that K04, I gotta get one!

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R DSG
Damn, your engine makes nice sound and power on that K04, I gotta get one!

It is huge fun on track, but I still need more poweeeeeeerrrrrr!!

K04 hybrid is available too and should get me to 400bhp if I decide not to sell up.:23:

LAWSON

GTI=FAST\FASTER=BIKE
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Well Hurdy its not the same calling the devil that see him coming so thanks for the show you really were ripping those chicanes off----so whats the average speed in a good lap and what about cars like the Clio or Ford Focus RS that are in par with the GTI all i see is a bunch of BMW's have you see some and how they do compare with our cars.

still consider yourself very lucky youre running the Nurburgring and thats awsome bro...

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R DSG
Well Hurdy its not the same calling the devil that see him coming so thanks for the show you really were ripping those chicanes off----so whats the average speed in a good lap and what about cars like the Clio or Ford Focus RS that are in par with the GTI all i see is a bunch of BMW's have you see some and how they do compare with our cars.

still consider yourself very lucky youre running the Nurburgring and thats awsome bro...

Average speed over a lap was around 90mph on the fastest laps. With a passenger I held back a little, so around 85mph average. fastest sections were over 160mph on the GPS and the slowest sections were between 30-35mph.

There were quite a few Clio 200's and 197's there as well as Megane R26R's and an RS. I've NEVER been passed by any of these cars on any trackday unless I've been on a cooldown lap. I have however passed HUNDREDS of these on track.:thumbsup:

A Standard GTI with a K03 wouldn't be able to live with any of them, a well modded GTI with a K03 would give all of them a good scare except maybe the Focus RS. A modded K04'd car would eat all of them - even modded Focus RS's haven't been able to keep up with me......yet (there are a few tasty spec ones getting out there now!). The Focus RS is a good 150kg heavier than my car too, so has to have more power. With mine carrying 415lbft and around 380bhp, then the RS would have to carry 460+lbft:eyebulge: and over 420bhp.

LAWSON

GTI=FAST\FASTER=BIKE
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Well Hurdy i wasn't expecting anything else from your GTI thought are you planning on selling it and if you do, are you considering the GTI-R (here is the R-20) for a posible substitude or do you think the 4wd is going to slow you down

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R DSG
Well Hurdy i wasn't expecting anything else from your GTI thought are you planning on selling it and if you do, are you considering the GTI-R (here is the R-20) for a posible substitude or do you think the 4wd is going to slow you down

Just so happens I'm debating moving on to something else. I don't know exactly what to get, but I'm thinking something lightish, modded and very, very fast and so 4WD is most likely on the cards.