GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TEIN S. TECH springs

romanianr32mk5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Has anyone had these on their GTI? Thinking about getting these but everyone says to go with H&R. Thoughts, opinion,pictures..... Thanks in advance

romanianr32mk5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I mean went to Tein's website and the drop looks amazing

romanianr32mk5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI

romanianr32mk5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
How much are H&R super sports?

Sandtoes

Dubber since 1986
Car(s)
2006 GTI-Tornado Red
After having these sit in my living room for about 2 months, I finally had them installed yesterday, then drove my GTI from the intall shop in Southern Cal to Northern California. I had these installed with a set of Koni Yellows - set at medium firmness all around.

When they arrived, I noticed that the springs were equipped with the silencer rubber around the middle coils, as their website described. Overall, I didn't see any lack of quality in the finish.

First impression was the set up had a very comfortable ride, felt more comfortable than the stock suspension. And my GTI is an '06, so I was coming from THE original 4x4 status.

Then on the 350+ mile drive, sections of the 5 freeway and driving on the right lane where the trucks have created lots of uneven sections, the new suspension had none of the hard crashing or harshness usually found with race spring set ups. Man, I was really impressed and really happy that I decided to give the TEIN's a go.

Got to the last section of our drive, a twisty section of hwy 68 leading to Pacific Grove. No surprises with how it felt, less body lean and very easy to place the car's direction thru the curves.

For a spring/shock set-up, I am very happy with it. It definitely filled the wheel gap while actually improving ride quality and handling as a daily driver.

madmortar

lalala I sing for you
Car(s)
08 GTi
After having these sit in my living room for about 2 months, I finally had them installed yesterday, then drove my GTI from the intall shop in Southern Cal to Northern California. I had these installed with a set of Koni Yellows - set at medium firmness all around.

When they arrived, I noticed that the springs were equipped with the silencer rubber around the middle coils, as their website described. Overall, I didn't see any lack of quality in the finish.

First impression was the set up had a very comfortable ride, felt more comfortable than the stock suspension. And my GTI is an '06, so I was coming from THE original 4x4 status.

Then on the 350+ mile drive, sections of the 5 freeway and driving on the right lane where the trucks have created lots of uneven sections, the new suspension had none of the hard crashing or harshness usually found with race spring set ups. Man, I was really impressed and really happy that I decided to give the TEIN's a go.

Got to the last section of our drive, a twisty section of hwy 68 leading to Pacific Grove. No surprises with how it felt, less body lean and very easy to place the car's direction thru the curves.

For a spring/shock set-up, I am very happy with it. It definitely filled the wheel gap while actually improving ride quality and handling as a daily driver.

Had these springs on my 240sx and loved how they rode.
Pics of them installed on your car?

romanianr32mk5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
$280
Any pics SandToes?

Sandtoes

Dubber since 1986
Car(s)
2006 GTI-Tornado Red
PICS: TEIN S-Techs installed w/Koni Yellows on 06 TR

FIRST PHOTO: For comparison, my '06 stock suspension.

SECOND PHOTO:
Right after TEIN S-Techs & Koni Yellows installed and then driven 350+ miles.

THIRD PHOTO, ETC.: Taken today, just before driving back to SoCal and two days after install.

(Please excuse the road trip grime!)

Attachments

• DSC_0003_2.JPG
    DSC_0003_2.JPG
    333 KB · Views: 5,244
  • DSC_0056_2.JPG
    DSC_0056_2.JPG
    398.7 KB · Views: 5,729
  • DSC_0070_2.JPG
    DSC_0070_2.JPG
    271.2 KB · Views: 5,027
  • DSC_0071_2.JPG