GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help! Hood wont close!

aqeel27

Ready to race!
I opened my hood to check oil levels after getting out of work but the dam thing won't shut. I have a feeling I pulled the lever too hard from the cabin which may have caused the cable to get loose?

Any ideas on how I can resolve this issue asap witout having to resort to the dealer? The car isn't under warranty anymore so duno how much the stealership wud charge

Need to get this resolved asap

aqeel27

Ready to race!
lol, how do I do that?

aqeel27

Ready to race!
I asked my friend yesterday to look at the mechanism and see if any of the parts move while I move the lever up anddown. we heard the cable noise but nothing moved

JZMKV

Passed Driver's Ed
try using a screw drive to push the hood lock down if it locks then the latch is still working. in which case dangsr would be correct in adjusting the height. if it wont lock the the lach its done.

if the cable is moving and nothign is happening sounds like it is open, maybe you need to slam the hood rather then closing it and then pushing down till the latch catches.

Last edited:

aqeel27

Ready to race!
thanks for the input guys, the latch on the hood was stuck and needed lube. I guess sometimes the problem is staring at you in the face lol

PaNO

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

Great information.. if the hood latch is broken, then is it an easy replacement or I need to bring it to a shop?

Thanks