GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Request: Sports Sub-Forum ( If you enjoy any sport please read )

Status
Not open for further replies.

awb17x

WHEEL Slayer
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Well I have been here for sometime now and I know that alot of us like sports. Wether it be Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Soccor, nascar.
I was thinking today rather than flood the Off-topic GDD. That us sports fan's should have a sub-forum. There should also be a sub-forum conduct. This is what I came up with and we could fix them or rather the mods could as they deemed fit.

Sports Fourm Member Conduct

1. No Flaming. We all get caught up in heated sports discussion/debates, and thats fine. However, refain from any personal atackts. Personal attackks will not be tolerated and could result in a members losing points or if sever enough to be banned. There will be no warnings. If you cant discuss sports in a intelligent manor, than move along.. That goes for members that feel the need to postthings like lakers suck or yankes sex or red sox rules etc.

2. Profanity.. Do not byupass the expetitive filter. We all drop the F bombs and various other profanity. Keep it to a minimum , and by minium we mean minium. We dont want to see post that are filled with expletitves.

3. No team threads! That takes away from the General Discussion threads.
Avatar Bets are permitted! If you bet your avatar on a outcome of a game with another member, you must go through with the avatar bet.

It's not hard to follow thease simple rules. We all like talking sports and often we all get carried away with. If you can't follow thesse rules , than that sub-fourm may not be for you .

Again this could all be tweeked if we felt like it.

Please tell me what you guys think about this and if you think its a good idea. Again we all love sports and I think if the gaming guys can have a sub-fourm us sports guys should be as well.

Post your commnets and thoughts on how you feel. If this isnt a good idea or if this is a good idea.:thumbsup:

awb17x

WHEEL Slayer
Car(s)
2006 GTI
One last thing to give you guys a idea of what I'm talking about.

Season/Playoffs/ Off season

Baseball Year XXXX
Hockey Year XXXX
Basketball Year XXXX
Football Year XXXX
NCAA Football Year XXXX
NCAA Basketball year XXXX

and so on. Show your pride for sports and let the mods/admin see that we would love this sub-fourm! Hope to hear what you guys have to think about this.

( Also should be new openings for mods for the sports fourms )

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid
We already have official NHL, NBA and now MLB threads, a sub forum for just sports is overkill IMO.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
moved.

the ADMINS are more likely to see this if it's in the correct sub-forum. only they can put this into effect.

EDIT: I also deleted the duplicate thread that was already in this sub-forum. please only creat one thread per topic. this is why we have sub-forums.

awb17x

WHEEL Slayer
Car(s)
2006 GTI
We already have official NHL, NBA and now MLB threads, a sub forum for just sports is overkill IMO.

How so? If you enjoy sports as much as some people on here it really can get into some debeate... mostly right around the playoffs ( as we saw last year in the baseball playoffs )

awb17x

WHEEL Slayer
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Well from the message I got from a mod they think its a good idea to clean up the clutter in GDD.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I'm all for it. Maybe one of you mods could put some good word in for me with Gulfer and JJ and make it happen. :help:

:biggrin:

RSC17

R32 OG
can i mod the hockey forum? been playing for 16 years now. i can't believe i'm not canadian. :lol:

i'm all for this.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
I'm all for it. Maybe one of you mods could put some good word in for me with Gulfer and JJ and make it happen. :help:

:biggrin:

Welcome back to the team, Kirk. :thumbsup:

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I would be cool to have a sports section of off topic, just like computing/video games... that way all NBA news could be it's own thread instead of just all of the NBA in one thread.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
3. No team threads! That takes away from the General Discussion threads.
Avatar Bets are permitted! If you bet your avatar on a outcome of a game with another member, you must go through with the avatar bet.

One last thing to give you guys a idea of what I'm talking about.

Season/Playoffs/ Off season

Baseball Year XXXX
Hockey Year XXXX
Basketball Year XXXX
Football Year XXXX
NCAA Football Year XXXX
NCAA Basketball year XXXX

and so on. Show your pride for sports and let the mods/admin see that we would love this sub-fourm! Hope to hear what you guys have to think about this.

( Also should be new openings for mods for the sports fourms )

I LOVE IT! This is MUCH needed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.