GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine Mounts from Volkswagen Racing....

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
Volkswagen Racing in the UK are offering a discount on selling 6 or more Lower Subframe 'Fast Road' engine mounts for the Mk5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI and Mk6 TSI.

This is the mount which other manufacturers only offer as a poly three-pronged insert - It helps but absolutely not to the same extent. You have only to look at the physical difference to understand why.

Fitting this mount greatly improves the transfer of power and does not have any of the buzzy vibrations and engine bay sounds transfer that also fitting the side engine mounts adds (which I happen to love).

^ I now have changed the stock dogbone to a BSH dogbone but notice no difference. I don't have a photo yet.

^ Alongside the stock lower mount with (Neuspeed) poly insert.

^ There is also a solid 'Race' alternative available.

Price for 6 or more of the VWR 'Fast Road' version would be £129.25 each plus one SHARED shipping charge of £105 including insurance to anywhere in USA. So VWR would make one shipment and you guys would distribute amongst yourselves.

If you have a serious interest or any questions, please post here and I will make a list and hand it all over to VWR in due course, giving you their full contact details.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
Edit - 230$ + US shipping.

A little pricey but they are from VWR.

Last edited:

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Ill stick to a $20 insert in that case

Lucidity

Marx
That's $364.00 shipped.

Actually it's more like 230.

The shipping would be split by at least 6, plus whatever any company would charge for obtaining and then reshipping these.

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI

The shipping would be split by at least 6, plus whatever any company would charge for obtaining and then reshipping these.

You are right.
I forgot they will be shipped to 1 location and have it split up.

Lucidity

Marx
You are right.
I forgot they will be shipped to 1 location and have it split up.

Of course :biggrin:

Just kidding, at first I thought it was way less because I divided the total of the two by 6 not just the shipping. Upon looking it over again I realized that it was each plus shipping..... :( That's a bit rich for me still.

h0ckeyfreek20

Go Kart Champion
HPA makes a poly version of this for 200+shipping

INA makes a rubber version for around $60

had both, my INA one cracked and broke within 3 months (INA refused to replace it) and now I'm running happily with the USP mount

also the USP one doesnt add NEARLY as much cabin vibration as the INA mount

Edit

Last edited:

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
HPA makes a solid "puck" as well

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub

....Doesn't have to be a company, it could be one of the 6 or more buyers.

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
^^^^
The plain and simple fact is that a poly insert doesn't contribute to performance delivery as directly and effectively as one of these VWR mounts. I know - I've driven them back-to-back and the difference is like the taste between chalk and cheese.

But it's up to you guys and the mod is not expensive for what it does.

h0ckeyfreek20

Go Kart Champion
^^^^
The plain and simple fact is that a poly insert doesn't contribute to performance delivery as directly and effectively as one of these VWR mounts. I know - I've driven them back-to-back and the difference is like the taste between chalk and cheese.

But it's up to you guys and the mod is not expensive for what it does.

if you're talking about me, the HPA and INA mounts are not inserts, they are full "puck" replacements.

The INA mount is both the upper and lower subframe mounts. the poly HPA mount is only the bottom subframe mount.

Edited

Last edited:

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
if you're talking about me, the USP and INA mounts are not inserts, they are full "puck" replacements.

The INA mount is both the upper and lower subframe mounts. the poly USP mount is only the bottom subframe mount.

....I was responding to and referring to the $20-ish poly mounts that some people think are better value. So I guess it's what you are calling the poly USP mount.