GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Milltek Catback!

my07blkgti

I'll do it!!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Well i finally made my decision on the exhaust i wanted and it was a milltek non-resonated catback(downpipe should be coming in like a month) and i couldnt be any happier with the way it turned out. After much research it seemed like milltek was the exhaust for me because i like the stock tone be needed it to be a little bit louder with a little grumble. Ordered it from Stratmosphere.com for $499.

Install: the installation was very easy it took me about 40min, all it took to take it apart the stock exhaust was to release it from the four rubber hangers and the two bolts on the straight pipe after the cat(dont know the name of that section), i would recommend to have a friend with you because the rubber hangers are very tough to seperate from the stock exhaust. If anyone has questions about PM me and i can give you help

First Drive with the exhaust: when it finally came down to it when i fired it up it was very close to stock sound when i turned the car on just with a faint grumble(idle), when you rev it below 3k, its not to loud but it has a beautiful tone to it with a nice little grumble, when you get it above 3k it opens up a little more and the sound it creates is music to my ears:wub: , when i got it on the road it was amazing how quite it still is in the interior, you faintly hear it which is exactly what i wanted, open the windows and it creates the perfect tone without waking up your neighbors. All day and night i had to have the windows open and played no music because the sound is awesome.:headbang: ...as for power improvments its nothing that you can really feel just like an intake but throttle response is a little better, turbo spools a little more and the top end feels a little stronger(but it could be in my head because of the sound)

The Milltek exhaust itself: you can tell just by looking at it that milltek spends alot of time and money to develop a perfect exhaust, the welds on the exhaust are amazing because they arent large ones and are very percise, the weight of it had to be 10-15 lbs lighter than stock, the stainless steel looks amazing, the tips are a perfect size that fills up the exhaust cutout of the rear bumper very nice, the fitment was even better than stock mainly because he stock tips IMO are to low and this is exactly where it needs to be.

Stratmosphere service: these guys are an amazing tuning shop that has alot of knowledge and know how to treat their customers and just people with questions. Before i wanted to buy the exhaust i had alot of questions mainly about the exhaust and one of the owners Bob stood on the phone with me for about an hour (over 2 separate phone calls) explaining every question i had with details. I wish they werent so far away(about 350 miles away) because this would be the only shop i would trust my car with because for the simple fact that he guaranteed that i would love the exhaust and thats whats it turned out to be. If anyone is in that area or need to deal with them for parts or whatever i would give you the :thumbup:, but for sure i will only deal with them with milltek products and most likely might get chipped by them.

well it was a long post but i do this for people that are still up in the air about an exhaust and now here comes the good part, the pics(videos of the exhaust and i will take a short video of the neuspeed intake for people that are curious how it sounds will hopefully get done by this weekend):

let me know what you think guys and the most interesting part(the video clips) will hopefully be up by this weekend. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Respek!! Look like a big improvement over the stock system. That's a 3" system correct? Booyakasha!!

fuscobal

Go Kart Champion
2.75" ( 2.5" is the stock one ). 2.75" means 22% more sectional surface area than 2.5" !

CV_Soccer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV
GREAT JOB ! The pictures were a great help and they answered most of my question except for the four listed below.

1) Is this the right outfit?
www.stratmosphere.com
Stratmosphere, Inc.
7920 Rae Blvd.
Victor, NY 14564
PHONE 585-742-9310
FAX 585-742-9315

2) Does the kit come with everything including sealant at the two joints that are clamped.

3) Did this impact your MPG, and if so how.0

4) Didi they ship or did you pick it up?

my07blkgti

I'll do it!!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
GREAT JOB ! The pictures were a great help and they answered most of my question except for the four listed below.

1) Is this the right outfit?
www.stratmosphere.com
Stratmosphere, Inc.
7920 Rae Blvd.
Victor, NY 14564
PHONE 585-742-9310
FAX 585-742-9315

2) Does the kit come with everything including sealant at the two joints that are clamped.

3) Did this impact your MPG, and if so how.0

4) Didi they ship or did you pick it up?

1) Yes thats the shop
2) It comes with everything new bolts new clamp and sealant
3)didnt test the mpg's that much but so far it looks to be the same
4)they shipped it, its was too far to pick up

CV_Soccer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV
I am so JAZZED! I called Stratmosphere this afternoon and the only word that can describe my experience is WOW! My notes are at my office so I can't remember who it was I spoke with but he had no problem taking the time needed to answer all of my stuid questions.

I will be purchasing my "Milltek Golf V GTi 2.0T Non-Resonated Catback Exhaust" as soon as I get my next bonus check.

my07blkgti, thank you turning me on to Stratmosphere.

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
i think im going to get the milletek non-resy catback and dp...or GHL still thinking bout it

my07blkgti

I'll do it!!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I am so JAZZED! I called Stratmosphere this afternoon and the only word that can describe my experience is WOW! My notes are at my office so I can't remember who it was I spoke with but he had no problem taking the time needed to answer all of my stuid questions.

I will be purchasing my "Milltek Golf V GTi 2.0T Non-Resonated Catback Exhaust" as soon as I get my next bonus check.

my07blkgti, thank you turning me on to Stratmosphere.

no prob, just make sure you do get the non-resonated because like they told me and im sure they told you the resonated is veryyyy quite, i thought that since it doesnt have a resonater it would be loud but i thought wrong