GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cell Shaded GTI for Public Use Only

grasshopper

Frankie Says Reflex
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
My cell shade is done. It could use a little refinement, but I just did the refinement on the file for my car and it was a bitch. Per pixel painting is not a laughing matter. I will try and work on the 17" wheels, but it's hard to get motivated when I don't like them. :p

Anyone who wants to use these may want to pay attention to the following notes...
  1. The body paint layers may need edge cleaning if they bleed out from the borders, depending on the paint and bg colors used.
  2. Use ALL the appropriate "stock" or "votex" layers for the look you want.
  3. If lowering, the shadow and undercarriage layers under Outlines and Trim/Misc will need to be altered.
  4. Be sure and download the action file which has the factory paint colors.
  5. You can simply paint over the calipers to change their color.
  6. Hint: 17" tires will have a 271px inner circle, 19" will have 303px circle.

I do request that if you use these files to please pay attention to the layers and the final piece. I don't like seeing my work butchered. I realize someone will do it on purpose after I mentioned that, but oh well. If you have questions, feel free to ask. If you absolutely cannot use Photoshop, post what you need and myself or maybe another chopper will make it happen for you.

Downloads:
2 Door PSD File (5.9 MB)
4 Door PSD File (5.8 MB)
Action File
GTI Logo
GTI Emblem

Samples:

Last edited:

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
wow,,great job

whiterabbit

Touring Car Champion
great work man! any change you can semail me a tiff file of the white with votex?

grasshopper

Frankie Says Reflex
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
alf said:
needs a drop
Dropping is optional. If I lowered it by default, someone would want it lifted. Better to leave it stock, and let people mod it like the real deal.

MHS216 said:
What's the purpose of that again? Look like you put some hard work into it!!
The main purpose is my own pleasure. The secondary purpose is to let people create a representation of what they have or what they want. And since Tirerack can only let you see so much (or nothing if you have a 4dr), this can be used to see any wheel out there on your car, in your color, with your tint, your drop, or your bodykit if so desired.

This was the easiest one I've done yet. Only took me about 40 hours start to finish to do both of them. Which is down from about 3 months to do my first one. Thank god the two bodies have the exact same dimensions! That saved a lot of time. I wanted to sedan-itize my old coupe, but the two had nothing in common from the C-pillar forward.

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
some hard work there tanx alot