GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P0455 is on my last nerve can some one help?!?

nogti4now

Custom User Title Here
Car(s)
07 gti
hey everybody,:mad: i keep throwing P0455 i have replaced the gas cap make sure its tight, delete the code, gas cap light, bam cel and it feels like the performance has decreased, go clear it, a mile or two later bam can some one shine some light on this issue for me, i have a best friend who's an Audi tech in Illinois and he said that they just hook up a fog machine (its bit more technical but you get the idea) and pressurize the gas tank and look for leaks..clearly i live in fl so he cant help me and the stealer ship sucks my balls any one have annnnny advice or tips,
thank you so much,
nogti4now

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
Known issues with mkv's and this fault.

Purge valve
Vac supply line to the LDP on the intake
LDP
fuel cap
fuel tank seal on top where fuel pump is

I think it's a leak detection pump.

MitchPope

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV R32
I went in today with a week-long CEL and they said it is likely my LDP. Thought it was the gas cap as well for the first couple of days. Guess not. Have to take it back next week.

Frankenstein_VW

Shop Owner / Technician
First thing to check when this fault comes up...

I can get P/N and the VW TSB's if anyone wants them !

MitchPope

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV R32
Got it back today, they replaced the LDP and a N80 Evaporative Emissions Valve. Leak found at the electrical connector when they did the smoke test.

kostecki

Hi, I know what is the solution to the following problem?

2 Faults Found:
001 090 - EVAP Emission Control Sys: Small Leak
P0442 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - MIL ON

001 109 - EVAP System: Large Leak Detected
P0455 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Hi, I know what is the solution to the following problem?

2 Faults Found:
001 090 - EVAP Emission Control Sys: Small Leak
P0442 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - MIL ON

001 109 - EVAP System: Large Leak Detected
P0455 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded

Evap MIL or gas cap light on is usually due to failed purge valve (n80). The valve is inexpensive, try changing it. The gas cap gasket is also worth trying if it's old.

vdub_cordi

Ready to race!
i ususally get my fuelcap light comming in cold temperatures at random times......not only that my cel came on not to long ago for a few days an then shut off could this be the problem

kostecki

Hi, regarding the error associated with the EVAP large leak may be caused by clogging of the filter on the valve, which is located in the rear wheelarches the caps to get there, unscrew and remove the sheathing around the wheel arches and check for leaks. The second option related to the N80 or check valve at the intake manifold tubes. Replacing the fuel filler cap is foolishness is over unless we are not curved or seal is broken.