GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Modified MkV (UK)

T8MS_X

T8MS X
Car(s)
MkV Golf
Hey

New on these boards, just thought i'd say Hi, seems like a really good portal for information and thought i'd share pics of my car.

It's not a GTI, but at the end of the week my full custom Supercharger conversion will be complete and I will be running ~210bhp from my little 1.6.:wink:

Anyway, Here are the last pics I took of her, -50mm Eibachs fitted in the pics but now she is sitting on coilovers and around -65mm:biggrin:

Any comments very much appreciated.

Mods:

Exterior
- VW Votex Front Spoiler
- VW Votex Sideskirts
- Colour coded Rear Valance
- Lowered ~65mm on Eibach Coilovers
- Caractere front mesh grille
- Private registration mark

Interior
- Kenwood Motorised DVD Headunit
- Kenwood Navigation
- Kenwood TV Tuner
- Kenwood-iPod adapter
- Alpine MRD-605 Mono amp
- Alpine SWR-1242D 12" Sub woofer
- Alpine MRP-F540 Multi channel amp
- Alpine SWX 6.5" Component speakers
- Alpine Type R Rear Coax speakers
- OEM Golf GTI Leather three-spoke Flat bottom steering wheel
- OEM Golf GTI Leather gearshift

I will update this thread next week as I say, when the conversion is complete and the following will have been added to the car:

- Full custom Pro-charger Supercharger
- Custom pipe work & manifold
- Front mounted Intercooler
- Caractere rear valance with twin exit exhaust (Decat)
- Caractere rear hatch blend
- Caractere Sport roof spoiler
- Full leather Recaro Sports seats (OEM GTI/R32)
- Rear seats retrimmed in Anthracite leather to match the fronts
- Tar-ox 320mm Drilled & Groove 6 pot brake conversion (front)
- Uprated rear discs + pads

Thanks for looking, all comments welcome.:)

Tom

T8MS_X

T8MS X
Car(s)
MkV Golf
Looks good, how do you like that HU? Is it stable when driving around or does it shake? How do you like the Kenwood Nav?

Headunit is solid as a rock! I was expecting it to be a little flimsy also, but it really doesn't budge, very well built in my opinion!

Very impressed with the nav, i've had OEM, Pioneer and a Sony portable before I got the Kenwood and it's by far the best and most efficient I have used. User interface isn't the best, but hey- it's clear, quick and reliable so I really don't mind.:smile:

Tom

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
nice! i like the wheels. thats a golf gt right? if so i wish they made that here in the states. dont understand why we need a 2.5 thats slower and heavier then a nice 1.6 thats turbo/supercharged

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
nice looking GolF

CV_Soccer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV
Very nice ride except for two things, the mini and your steering wheel is in the wrong side of your car.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
your mkv is hot,,
cant wait to see its performance after the supercharher is fitted
love your wheels :thumbsup:

T8MS_X

T8MS X
Car(s)
MkV Golf
Hey,

Thanks for the positive responses! Makes it all worth while.:D

Supercharger conversion is setting me back about £3800, with is about $7500 to you guys. Includes the full brake conversion also so not too bad.:)

Recaros are about £2500 more on top of that but I think it's definitely worthwhile.

I'll keep you updated and will be sure to post pics and possibly a couple of vids when the charger is in.:wink:

tom

T8MS_X

T8MS X
Car(s)
MkV Golf
BTW, the Mini is my sisters Cooper, i'll be doing a new photoshoot with my new camera, with just my car once i've 'finished'.:)

tom