GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 Exhaust Flapper Mod

Simo

Hi , My R32 is finally due to get here just after Chrissy and trying to find out if you are still able to do a flapper valve mod on a mark V's exhaust and if so is it the same deal as doing it on the Mk IVs?

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
First things first... Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new .:R :thumbsup:

As for the flapper mod, info is a little scarce right now, but there's a few threads on the tex about it...

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

Simo

Many thanks - that helps me alot! My only problem now is I had the use of a DSG GTi last weekend which has the ECU remap done and it was unbelievable, I dont remember the R32 being anywhere near as responsive - oh well!

.:R32-07

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
Flapper mod for the "R"

Attachments

• img0983sv0.jpg
    img0983sv0.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 64,176
  • img0982uo0.jpg
    img0982uo0.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 61,434

pipehose

ROCKET R32
Am I Seeing Wright Here Do You Just Remove Pipe From Mkv R32 And Thats It Sorted
if so what kind of drifference did it do
thanks alot

Panman

Frequent Modder
There's a number of ways of doing it.

I took the vacuum actuator off (the black thing on the side of the pipe), opened it up (carefully because the plastic tabs are brittle), then put some 100MPH tape over the hole leading to the pipe.

This makes it externally undetectable and easy to reverse.

The trickiest bit was working out that the actuator needs to slide "up" towards the bottom of the car to be removed.

There is a German PDF that explains it, but is 3MB (and, of course in German).

PM me with your email addy and I can send it to you.