GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Technical Discussions > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust

Old 12-05-2009, 12:05 AM   #1
vlkswgnbgmn66
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2007 GTI Farenheit #473
cruise control inop???

well, this is the second time this has happened to me. I got back in my car this evening and was driving down the road and tried to use my cruise control... Needless to say, it wasn't working!!! Cruise control switch was in the "on" position, "cruise" light was not on in the dash and cruise functions were not working... Restart my car and all functions are restored. Anyone have a similar issue or have any hunches as to the issue?

BTW, the first time I took it to my dealer, they scanned it and found no codes stored so they wouldn't do anything about it. I'm gonna take it first thing in the morning to the dealer and bring it to their attention yet again with video of it happening...

mobbin6 - "I like my ride quality, it makes my girls titties bounce." kevvvePSHH!!! 10psi...my farts boost more than that.
vlkswgnbgmn66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:13 AM   #2
darcness
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2008 GTI Candy White
My cruise control stopped working when I left my hazards on for too long. I think leaving the blinker on for too long may do the same thing. Check those to make sure they didn't get turned on accidentally and then stopped the cruise from working. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's happened to me before.

Want a set of R32 style tails on the cheap ---> Darcness Tinted Tails!
Want to see the progression of my MKV? Click here!
darcness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:17 AM   #3
The Fed
Old Guys Rule

Drives: 2007 GTI DSG APR S1
Next time it does it take it right to the dealer without shutitng it off, if possible. A video won't help you. Deaelrs need to have a positive diagnosis to get paid by VW to do a repair. Could be a lot of things, including a faulty ECU or sticking brake light switch.
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #4
vlkswgnbgmn66
FIA GT Champion

Can't really do that ^ when it happens at 8 pm... The dealer closes at 5:30...

mobbin6 - "I like my ride quality, it makes my girls titties bounce." kevvvePSHH!!! 10psi...my farts boost more than that.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
Bikkemberg
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2007 UG MKV GTI
whats going on, is there some mystical events that no one is aware of, My cruise control f%$ked up also while I was on the highway just cruising... I will scan it today, might not find anything as other people have tried. I will end up taking it to the dealer. I heard however that the problem is a faulty switch in the column stalk whatever that means. But then I found this on just Answers

Cruise Control System (CCS)
Notes

Cruise Control System (CCS) functions are controlled by the Engine Control Module (ECM).

Cruise control is operated with two button blocks in the multi-function steering wheel or, on vehicles without a multi-function steering wheel, with front rocker switch in windshield washer lever.

Perform assembly work at multi-function steering wheel.
Perform assembly work on windshield wiper lever.
Cruise Control System (CCS) can be activated/ deactivated.
DTC recognition and display:
DTCs in conjunction with Cruise Control System are transmitted via Engine Control Module (ECM) and via Steering Column Electronic Systems Control Module J527.

Use Vehicle Diagnosis, Testing and Information System VAS 5051A in operating mode "Guided Fault Finding" for troubleshooting

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...#ixzz0YpiZoQ6D

Pics of the car so far
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/album.php?albumid=298
Bikkemberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:21 PM   #6
vlkswgnbgmn66
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikkemberg View Post
Notes

Cruise Control System (CCS) functions are controlled by the Engine Control Module (ECM).

Cruise control is operated with two button blocks in the multi-function steering wheel or, on vehicles without a multi-function steering wheel, with front rocker switch in windshield washer lever.

Perform assembly work at multi-function steering wheel.
Perform assembly work on windshield wiper lever.
Cruise Control System (CCS) can be activated/ deactivated.
DTC recognition and display:
DTCs in conjunction with Cruise Control System are transmitted via Engine Control Module (ECM) and via Steering Column Electronic Systems Control Module J527.

Use Vehicle Diagnosis, Testing and Information System VAS 5051A in operating mode "Guided Fault Finding" for troubleshooting

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...#ixzz0YpiZoQ6D
This sounds like a bunch of jibberish to make you feel like you now know something...

Anyways, buddy brought out his VAG-COM to a little GTG today, scanned the whole car and absolutely no codes are stored, not even hard codes...