GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

06 Jetta GLI XM Question?? New Radio

Rmig825

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 VW GLI
So I have been searching for hours now and I hope someone here can help. I am wanting to upgrade my 6 Disk Xm Oem unit to some sort of Double Dim Navigation unit. So here are my problems. I just paid for a years supply to xm, so I would like to keep my stock xm unit. Now I have seen some OEM navigations on ebay for about 500, but I am wondering if my stock xm would work on it. And the stock steering wheel controls will work too. Now i have seen some after market units that say they are plug and play for the stock steering wheel controls, (which I like) but say nothing about Xm. Now on the other side of the spectrum, I really like the Dual xdvdn9280 which I can get for dirt cheap. But looking at all the things that I need with this
1) Amp Antenna Adapter
2) Wiring Harness
3) Can Bus for car and Radio (steering wheel Controls)
4) and Double Din Bracket
It almost doesnt weigh out buying all this stuff.
Next if I go with one of those VW/Skoda units
1) I can use stock moldings
2) Steering wheel bus is already in Unit
3) Amp wiring is easy with rca on it.
4) Negitive = Not sure if my OEM XM will plug and play on this unit.
Now if I go with a OEM Navigation
1) Everything is plug and play
2) Negitive = Same problem with amp wiring and sound not that good, and I also read that the gps on these units are kinda sluggish.

So If you guy/girls can help me with any kinda feed back on what I should do, it would be great. or any other option that will make it easier.

Perfect world if I had
1) XM plug and play
2) RCA jacks for Amp
3) Navigation
4) Steering wheel controls.

Thank you again for any feed back.

Rmig825

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 VW GLI
These are the Models I was thinking about going with.
http://cas07.businessflow.ms/Curren...tem_guid=cd6e9065-4c19-43c6-8095-4dbf25fcadc1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=190354097254

Sorry First two will not post pics,, but I gave the link.
third one is the as-7608