GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECP Light - TSB information

heathcliff57

Ready to race!
Not sure if any of you guys have had this problem or not but I suspect we will see some others post about it so I'm creating this thread for future reference. I've even found some posts on the vortex with people driving Tiguans and are having the same problem.

I've been having a problem with my car losing throttle response after the ECP light comes on. I can't accelerate anywhere past approx. 2800rpm. Nothing, nada, zilch. IMO, it's pretty dangerous. And there's no way to tell when it is going to happen. It seems to be very random. I also know it has nothing to do with my APR tune because I can change it back to stock mode and it still does it.

I scanned the car and came up with the code P0221. The exact error is

000545 - Angle Sensor 2 for Throttle (G188): Implausible Signal
P0221 - 000 - - - Intermittent

I ended up finding a TSB on this exact issue. A few other codes are listed as well in the TSB but it all relates to the same issue I believe.

I dropped my car off at the dealership with a printout of both the scanned code results of my car and the TSB that relates to the code. The fix appears to be pretty simple. They need to lengthen some wires for the throttle. Apparently Häns didn't use long enough wire at the factory. :wink:

I should have my car back on Monday. I'll let you all know how everything goes.

heathcliff57

Ready to race!
I guess it would be safe to give you all an update.

I had my car fixed 2 months ago and I've not had this issue occur again. The fix in the TSB definitely resolved my issue.

JamDawg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
09 GTI 4 DOOR
What is the TSB number or post it please. I have an 09 so I will just go a head and print it and put it in the glove box.