GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is your favorite auto parts store?

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Just curious where you guys go when you need something on the spot and why. Where I go to school there are a bunch of Advance Auto Parts, Autozone, O'Reillys, and a few others.

For me I go to Advance Auto Parts because of location, friendly (not necessarily super knowledgeable) but they are always nice and they love to help. I was in a last minute situation today where I needed wipers and had to go to class, they literally spent 20 mins opening up all the packages, comparing wipers and doing the necessary switching of mounting so that I could get some wipers on, also it was pouring and they were happy to go outside with me to look at the mounting, eventually they got the mounting adapters to work on the Rain-X wipers, which were the best ones they had and the ones I wanted.

Just wanted what your thoughts are on your local auto parts stores.

Bfreiman

lalalalalalalalalalalala
I don't even think there is one closer to me than Walmart. I usually just go to get cleaning supplies for the car. If I needed autoparts then I would need to find a place. Sorry. That doesn't help much.

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
pep boys is where I go if i really need something and its basic. I sometimes grab cleaning supplies there too, but mainly i rely on griots garage for that stuff.

if I need an OBDII scan to find out a code, I drive a bit more to my nearest autozone for a free scan :thumbsup:

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Autozone. Its the opposite between advance and autozone here. Advanced doesn't want to help for anything and theres always 3 guys goofing off in the back while 1 person looks up parts and checks people out while a huge line builds up.

We have a Napa, Advanced, and Autozone all within a 1/2 mile. I'd rather drive across town to the other autozone rather than the Napa right by my house. Those guys suck.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
I don't have a favorite. I shop Autozone a lot because there is one right on my way home from work, they sell the European/VW-spec Castrol oil for cheap frequently, and because they accept waste oil to be recycled.

In fact I just cleaned out the stock of the Castrol oil at the Plaistow store the other night.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
Just curious where you guys go when you need something on the spot and why. Where I go to school there are a bunch of Advance Auto Parts, Autozone, O'Reillys, and a few others.

For me I go to Advance Auto Parts because of location, friendly (not necessarily super knowledgeable) but they are always nice and they love to help. I was in a last minute situation today where I needed wipers and had to go to class, they literally spent 20 mins opening up all the packages, comparing wipers and doing the necessary switching of mounting so that I could get some wipers on, also it was pouring and they were happy to go outside with me to look at the mounting, eventually they got the mounting adapters to work on the Rain-X wipers, which were the best ones they had and the ones I wanted.

Just wanted what your thoughts are on your local auto parts stores.

Wow, that guy went into the rain on min wage to help you get those wipers on. NOW THAT IS SERVICE!!

i hope he got a nice tip. :wink:

believe it or not, i go to a mom and pop napa auto parts joint or the MECCA of pep boys (distribution center (like 5 min from my house, in the middle of nowhere))

Horus USAF

shhh Im thinkin......
Car(s)
06 GTI
I usually just hit up Autozone. I hate O'Reillys with a passion. They always sell broken or mismatched parts, out of stock on something, or just seemed pissed as all hell when you ask for a moment of their time.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Wow, that guy went into the rain on min wage to help you get those wipers on. NOW THAT IS SERVICE!!

i hope he got a nice tip. :wink:

believe it or not, i go to a mom and pop napa auto parts joint or the MECCA of pep boys (distribution center (like 5 min from my house, in the middle of nowhere))

I was very pleased with the service but felt horrible I didn't have cash for a good tip, I was in a rush before class and was wearing my mesh shorts which I never carry money in, all I had was my wallet with CC's in it. But I did just send a very nice store feedback letter to corporate so hopefully they will get some recognition for their superior service.

argue53

Go Kart Champion
i hit up advanced auto parts for everything except my oil. its down the street, i know everyone there and hence why i usually get their employee 20% discount lol