GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is a 42 offset ok...or is 45 a must?

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
FYI I run roughly the same rims sith et42 and an Eibach pro Kit drop (1.2") and I have no rubbing at all with 225-40/R18's on them. Anything wider for tires would not work out. Good luck with them!

darkorb

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Rabbit
ill be dropping my car in the spring, with 18x8.5 RS4 reps with 225/40/18 42 offset

im poking pretty hard on the front right now so i can't go that low

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
FYI I run roughly the same rims sith et42 and an Eibach pro Kit drop (1.2") and I have no rubbing at all with 225-40/R18's on them. Anything wider for tires would not work out. Good luck with them!

Yes, but US cars start life 1" higher than everywhere else in the world, so really your drop is 0.2", or pretty much the stock ride height for Australian delivered cars.

I've seen similar wheels on a GTI and ET42 was fine at the back, but if you do have any problems it will be at the front.

Deco

Ready to race!
Hi Baz, do they sell good quality rims?? Its just that Tempe Tyres has something similar but people on here suggested not to get them cause they're dodgy.

Cheers.

onpole01

ILoveMyMKVGTI
I have 18x8 ET42 on my GTi with absolutely no problems at all-I'm on stock suspension

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
Hi Baz, do they sell good quality rims?? Its just that Tempe Tyres has something similar but people on here suggested not to get them cause they're dodgy.

Cheers.

Personal experience from me with 2 sets of rims and from a couple of others I have known in the past ... we had no probs.
Went out of their way when I had a vibration on my SLK. Turned out to be a damaged control arm bush ..:frown:

They have been in business for many years getting a bigger and better store.
Must be doing something right. I guess... no affiliation from me either.

In the end its your call.. good luck either way.

Bazzle

Deco

Ready to race!
Cheers Baz,

They have some good prices/deals.

I will get in contact with them n try n sort something out. So long as the rims aren't made in a dodgy chinese/indonesian factory I'm happy.