GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EUROJET Gauge Pod

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
Saw this over at the tex, thought i post a pic here....

I dont like that its CF just for the fact that it does not make it flow well make it OEM like and its all good to me, hmm maybe you can paint the fiberglass ver w. a OEM rubber spray paint? dont know..

Org URL:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2962547

Last edited:

Hitch

2 Fast
Car(s)
MKV GTI '06
hmm maybe you can wait the fiberglass ver w. a OEM rubber spray paint? dont know..

^^^ Up With That

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I have been waiting forever for that style of gauge pod. Can't wait!

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
damn..the weave looks horrible

Yeah i do agree on that when i saw it i was just lk ew...but hopefully the glass one will look better once painted...idk maybe its the way the pics taken but looks kindda tall and too high of angel pointing up...idk...prob just me....

Maseroche

Ready to race!
Looks like a wasted opertunity to bring out what people want. I don't understand why they didn't bring it out first with an OEM look, or close to it.

rukkus

Looks like a wasted opertunity to bring out what people want. I don't understand why they didn't bring it out first with an OEM look, or close to it.

they stated that the cost for the plastic injection mold ( i think that's what it's called )was like $10k for the OEM look. not enough demand for it to pay that much. they also stated that this is just a prototype looking for feedback. if you don't like it, they won't even produce it.

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
Good stuff, I put my criticisms on page 2.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Yeah, the Vortex guys don't seem to be holding back on Eurojet.
With a bit of effort, it might be made to work. I think I'm just gonna go with a custom solution though.

Hey, how comes Eurojet don't be posting on here?! :mad:

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
I think that this is definitely the best place for adding aftermarket guages. I think more options will eventually come our way - but we'll have to be patient. :frown:

I too would like it to be more streamlined with the interior finish, that cf looks very messy.
I also think that pod housing is too chunky, much prefer this option that Bobby-GTI posted from the Essen Motor Show...

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I think that this is definitely the best place for adding aftermarket guages. I think more options will eventually come our way - but we'll have to be patient. :frown:

I too would like it to be more streamlined with the interior finish, that cf looks very messy.
I also think that pod housing is too chunky, much prefer this option that Bobby-GTI posted from the Essen Motor Show...

Now that I'd buy. Even angled straight on (I kinda wish that the GTI dash would wraparound the driver somewhat like the mk4 dash did, but I can live).

speedlimit256k

Michael Schumacher
yeah i agree, it would be better if it was at an angle facing the driver more instead of facing straight back