GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audiosources AS-7608

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpapo

Passed Driver's Ed
Look, i really don't want to argue with you, but can you explain to me how sure are you that they are identical?
You spread here these informations...... peoples will keep in their mind and when they really notice the difference start screaming here...
They will take updates file from internet try to update their units and after that will start asking desperate here for help.

If you are so sure of statements, i will give you AS7608 mainbord firmware to put on your AS8601....after that you will :fighting0030: me because you will screw your unit...Wanna try?:23:

AS7608 and AS8601 ARE NOT IDENTICAL!!!! they are based on same platform but not identical!

@Mindrunner
You are NOT the ONLY ONE who knows about this fucking crap HERE so i would like More Respect from you ,Is this Clear ?

Now

1) the hardware ( main board ,DVD loader ,screen panel ,gps board,bt module,tv tuner ,etc., except can bus module ) is EXACTLY THE SAME in both devices.

2)the firmware IS NOT ( cause firmware for AS7608 has a CAN-BUS MODULE >2009 with a lot of NEW functions and diferent code) ,and AS-8601 a downsized firmware and older CAN-BUS MODULE 1998-2005 ..So these are incompatible ,...

3) The WinCE 6.0 OS is identical in both devices ( Samsung ARM11)

and for the end I never ever said devices are identical , just said Almost have the same hardware except can bus

Last edited:

Alex_Rus

Ready to race!
Got one incident with a Seat car . Unit was installed in Feb2010, client claimed battery drain in Aug. Came to my workshop and we found that ECU was not going to standby even w/o AS connected. So the problem was other then AS7608.
Without radio gateway doesn't sleep, because it tries to find a radio. On tiguan the same situation. For going to a standby you need to install properly radio device or disable the radio in gateway settings. You can check a drain very simple - check a current with original radio and after it with AS7608. You can compare it. My car with AS7608 has 100mA in standby instead 60mA with RCD310. Without radio - 400-600mA.

Mindrunner

Ready to race!
@Mindrunner
You are NOT the ONLY ONE who knows about this fucking crap HERE so i would like More Respect from you ,Is this Clear ?

Now

1) the hardware ( main board ,DVD loader ,screen panel ,gps board,bt module,tv tuner ,etc., except can bus module ) is EXACTLY THE SAME in both devices.

2)the firmware IS NOT ( cause firmware for AS7608 has a CAN-BUS MODULE >2009 with a lot of NEW functions and diferent code) ,and AS-8601 a downsized firmware and older CAN-BUS MODULE 1998-2005 ..So these are incompatible ,...

3) The WinCE 6.0 OS is identical in both devices ( Samsung ARM11)

and for the end I never ever said devices are identical , just said Almost have the same hardware except can bus

I think first of all you should be the one with more respect!

And sorry, but you don't know what is inside and still make statements as you know!

1. First ,THERE IS NO any kind of canbus module inside AS8601! Second you will never be able to use an AS7608mainboard to replasce an AS8601 model because it will not work!!!
Same for the LCD panel board.Not to mention that DVBT tuner is completly different.

2.Your are in a complete confussion again....canbus has its own firmware inside the board.. DVD firmware is something else....mainboard firmware is another thing...if you mix them in your mind, is your own problem.

3.Wrong again! All units with wince6.0 gps module use ATLAS IV chipset.:biggrin:

So, before you try to show others here how smart you are, first go and make your home works.Your agression based only on speculations or what you think is inside of these units does not impress me at all.:drool:

And for the end, don't bother to answer to me as from now i will ignore you.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
please lets not turn this thread into a silly internet war. It's the most helpful information for these very cheaply made units that require lots of user tweaks and inputs to work correctly. This forum has helped me and many others already in countless ways!!

Cheers to keeping the thread alive. :headbang:

Thedavemiester

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks like I have the version 3. Wonder how far they are away from the version 4 and if I should have waited until then.

Is there any word on if the V4 firmware will be able to be applied to a V3?

Regarding the battery drain?- I have only had my jetta for a week so have been driving it everyday since putting the AS7608 in. AFAIK this would only be an issue if you let the car sit for longer than 24 hours.

I'm going away for the weekend and my car will sit in a carparking facility, so if I don't make it home on Sunday I'll let you know!

kbuvw

Passed Driver's Ed
Very strange...I installed more then 150x AS7608 on many different cars models and none had drain problems.

Got one incident with a Seat car . Unit was installed in Feb2010, client claimed battery drain in Aug. Came to my workshop and we found that ECU was not going to standby even w/o AS connected. So the problem was other then AS7608.
Golf model is ok with AS7608:cool:

I received my second AS7608 in very late July, but I believe it to be "version 3" from your list above, as it has OPS and Airconditoning information.

I have left my car for 7 days+ without the AS-7608 and it does not drain the battery. But with AS-7608 installed, it drains within 1.5-2.5 days

Audiosources have also told me it should not happen (but are refusing to do anything about it, even though they put it in writing that they would refund me if it drains my battery)

If the problem is with the Can-Bus itself (which shouldn't be the case seeing that it's such a new car), I'll get it to VW service to get them to look at it. But I'd love to find a way of proving that was the issue!

li21

Passed Driver's Ed
Mindrunner.. I'd also like to know.. does v4 mean just the firmware? And if so can we use v4 firmware on a v3 unit?

Any idea what kbuvw Battery drain problem could be ? Canbus?
Was really hopeful it would be fixed by the time i order one..

Davemeister.. lets see what happens this weekend:)

tpapo

Passed Driver's Ed
I received my second AS7608 in very late July, but I believe it to be "version 3" from your list above, as it has OPS and Airconditoning information.

I have left my car for 7 days+ without the AS-7608 and it does not drain the battery. But with AS-7608 installed, it drains within 1.5-2.5 days

Audiosources have also told me it should not happen (but are refusing to do anything about it, even though they put it in writing that they would refund me if it drains my battery)

If the problem is with the Can-Bus itself (which shouldn't be the case seeing that it's such a new car), I'll get it to VW service to get them to look at it. But I'd love to find a way of proving that was the issue!

As we have discussed many times the problem is due to miscommunication between the device's can bus and car's can bus gateway and have found too many users in most Chinese devices (of course the AS7608 is no exception even in the latest version), the manufacturer of can bus is the same in all these devices :wink:

Last time installed as7608 in a mk6 (August) i measured 400mA with ignition off ,this drain is getting battery dead ( 44Ah) in ~ 3 days :mad:

For a simple solution ( tested 100%) you can look h e r e

Last minutes info i have from China ,report that manufacturer of can bus have found the problem and soon a solution will be given ,but a new can card have to be soldered to board instead of old one ,not an easy job for everyone ...:frown:

Danila

Passed Driver's Ed
Last minutes info i have from China ,report that manufacturer of can bus have found the problem and soon a solution will be given ,but a new can card have to be soldered to board instead of old one ,not an easy job for everyone ...:frown:

The can bus module can be easily reprogrammed using a cheap external programmer. The problem is that Chinese do not want to provide the firmware for it.

Mindrunner

Ready to race!
Mindrunner.. I'd also like to know.. does v4 mean just the firmware? And if so can we use v4 firmware on a v3 unit?

Any idea what kbuvw Battery drain problem could be ? Canbus?
Was really hopeful it would be fixed by the time i order one..

Davemeister.. lets see what happens this weekend:)

V4 should be out on market my mid of next week.
Canbus will be external box, dvd firmware will be new version, fakra adapter will use both car antenna.These are the most important changes.

Battery drain dosen't mean that AS7608 canbus is bad. Could be compatibility problem with car gateway.
When canbus broken, 99% of time unit won't power on/off by key, or no steering controls..Does this unit works ok when installed?

kbuvw

Passed Driver's Ed
Battery drain dosen't mean that AS7608 canbus is bad. Could be compatibility problem with car gateway.
When canbus broken, 99% of time unit won't power on/off by key, or no steering controls..Does this unit works ok when installed?

Everything works fine with my V.3 AS7608 - reverse signal detected, information shown on MFD, steering wheel controls all work as they should.

The only potentially related issue I've had is that the unit quite often requires manual turning on (the ops screen will be on while I reverse the car, but as soon as I put the car into first, the unit turns off, and I need to press a key to turn it back on)

Mindrunner

Ready to race!
Everything works fine with my V.3 AS7608 - reverse signal detected, information shown on MFD, steering wheel controls all work as they should.

The only potentially related issue I've had is that the unit quite often requires manual turning on (the ops screen will be on while I reverse the car, but as soon as I put the car into first, the unit turns off, and I need to press a key to turn it back on)

will complete power off? or just image...(sound will come back after return from reverse mode?)

Thedavemiester

Passed Driver's Ed
So lily sent me an email with a pic (ill try to upload later) advertising the updated model.

It included all the new features mentioned here (ops, new can bus, etc).

I asked her why she had sent me this and she explained that it was about my unit. So maybe I did get a V4?

I'll try to investigate further. The pic she showed featured a 'factory settings' menu which may enable a couple of these features. I have been reluctant to touch it in case it sends everything into chinese and I can't get it back again.

Here's the pic

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 1,830
Status
Not open for further replies.