GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitune Suite

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
Found this on the Tex in the 2.5 forums

A year & a half in development, Uni-Tune Suite is the ultimate project management software suite. This tuning suite will only be available through our trained Unitronic Dealer Network to maintain the high level of quality, professionalism and support Unitronic is known for. This suite enables a certified Unitronic dealer to precisely fine tune any big turbo project car supported by Unitronic.
This is a highly evolved tuning suite allows full control over the stock ECU to calibrate and re-calibrate any supported application. The included data logger provides precise and highly efficient access to important data at a high sampling rate, available in all channels. It is a fundamental tool when conditioning the calibration. The Uni-Tune suite will allow our Unitronic Network to recalibrate applications for a variety of fueling and turbo applications, removing limitations, allowing for all performance tuning possibilities.
The use of this technology we believe requires extensive training and understanding of the logic behind it; Unitronic will offer extensive training seminars to our Unitronic Network who choose to explore and provide this service to their customer base. Furthermore, Unitronic will continue to offer a high level of support to ensure our customers' full satisfaction.
Here's a closer look at the Uni-Tune Editor Suite. The Project manager Editor allows the Unitronic Dealer to have full access to valuable information to precisely edit and re-calibrate fueling maps, timing maps, boost maps, various limiters, and multiple correction factors. It also features a check list of applicable or non-applicable functions that can be removed, such as CAT delete, n249 delete, secondary O2, and various other options. The Unitronic Dealer can simply and effectively edit values via a table or a 3D graph format. All projects can be saved for future use and available at any point in time.
The ECU Sync tool, allows the Dealer to communicate with the ECU via the OBDII port to read and flash projects. Each project will feature a separate license, where each license can be edited and re-flashed an unlimited number of times to the same vehicle. The Flash tool is based on the latest flash technology which ensures a highly efficient communication to provide flash down-time.
The logger will be included with the Uni-Tuned Editor suite as well as a standalone version that will be made available free to download from the Unitronic Website. This advanced logger will require the purchase of a Unitronic CAN OBDII communications cable (approx: $65). The Uni-logger will allow you, the end user to access and log any channel, save and export them, for analytical review; frame by frame to ensure a high level of data acquisition.
Supported vehicle list:
All Volkswagen MK4 1.8T with ME7 ECU’s
All Volkswagen MK4 VR6 12v with ME7 ECU’s
All Volkswagen MK4 VR6 24v with ME7 ECU’s
All Volkswagen MK4 3.2L (TT, R32) with ME7 ECU’s
All Volkswagen MK5 R32 3.2L with ME7-ST10 ECU’s
All Volkswagen MK5 Rabbit 2.5L with ME7-ST10 ECU’s
All Volkswagen Mk5 2.0T FSI with MED9 ECU’s
All Audi B5 AEB 1.8T with ME3.8/5.9 ECU’s
All Audi B5/B6/TT 1.8T with ME7 ECU’s
All Audi MK2 TT 3.2L with ME7-ST10 ECU’s
All Audi B5 2.7T with ME7 ECU’s
All Audi B7 2.0T with MED9 ECU’s
All Audi TT 2.0T with MED9 ECU’s
All Porsche 3.6 Turbo 996 with ME 7.8 ECU’s
The Uni-Tune editor suite is projected for release and distribution by the end of 2009. We are currently in beta testing, and ensuring that Unitronic will offer a thoroughly developed tuning solution. Our highly developed technology will provide the highest level quality and support. It is our pleasure to share with you some preview shots of the Beta Version.
Uni-Tune Data Logger

Uni-Tune Editor Suite

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
honestly this makes me want to become an authorized unitronic dealer

T13R

Holy smokes, I did not know about this. Has it been released yet? [Scratch that, didn't read the part about end 2009]

It's like Hondata's K-Pro, but for our cars. This is sweet.

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
Its like hondata's kpro that we cant buy...

T13R

Its like hondata's kpro that we cant buy...
I think I was a little too excited and misread more than a few things... If only the dealer has it then that's not as useful. The logger is a nice addition though, a cheap VAG-COM for those who don't have one yet. Hope I haven't misread that too...

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
This tuning suite will only be available through our trained Unitronic Dealer Network...

The use of this technology we believe requires extensive training and understanding of the logic behind it; Unitronic will offer extensive training seminars to our Unitronic Network...
honestly this makes me want to become an authorized unitronic dealer
So basically this means Unitronic dealers will have new services to sell. Not that DIY'ers will have new tools available to hack with. So I can pay a Unitronic 'network' dealer to flash my car with a custom program, but I [still] can't fiddle with it myself.

Meh.. not that exciting.

Although the $65 cable + software sounds remotely interesting for logging use. Although I think I'd still rather have a VAG-COM.

..a cheap VAG-COM for those who don't have one yet. Hope I haven't misread that too...
This reads like it is a read-only, logging tool. Not capable of writing anything to the ECU.. so a read-only VAG-COM tool maybe?

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
on vortex it said something about a higher sampling rate as well, which would be nice compared to vag-com with 12 channels and turbo having a sample rate of like 1.7Hz. I would think that someone could get at least 20Hz out of that thing.

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
This is a good program. Now you don't have to send your ECU away to Unitronic and be carless for a good period of time.

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
Im curious as to the level of expertise each dealer will have with each particular car. As in if my closest Uni dealer doesn't know the 2.0fsi am I better off sending my ecu out to Uni? Just curious.

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
Im curious as to the level of expertise each dealer will have with each particular car. As in if my closest Uni dealer doesn't know the 2.0fsi am I better off sending my ecu out to Uni? Just curious.

I'd be semi-cautious to just let anyone tune your car..i mean, that just doesn't make sense right? I'd make sure it's a reputable guy with some time working on your type of motor (fsi/tsi). A tuner can royal mess up your car if not done properly...if you can't find someone that's reputable, send it to uni

vwinva

Ready to race!
I believe that Uni is providing training for their dealers who want to take part in this. I think this was mentioned on Vortex. It would make perfect sense at least, but at the same time I would be a little learly if the guy tuning my car did a 1 week crash course on how to do it. So it should be interesting to see how this all plays out.

It's kind of good in a way that they aren't releasing this software to the public...think of all the blown motor threads and bad turbo threads there would be. "Guy's I set my boost to 35psi and now I can't figure out what all these noises are, it sounds like a dentists drill."

ripped

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

Lou_Y2mK5

Go Kart Champion
This issue has been brought up a million times on vwvortex. Unitronic will be training their dealers in a conference room and only those dealers that even want to do this. If they don't feel comfertable with the skill level of their dealer then they don't get it! Check out the 1.8T tech thread on vwvortex. It's a sticky.

If you really just want to do it yourself and have no compitent Unitronic dealer in your area, just wait for Eurodyne to release their ME9 Suite. Only reason why I'm going with Eurodyne right now is because it's available today for my B5 Audi A4 and timing was perfect.

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
This issue has been brought up a million times on vwvortex. Unitronic will be training their dealers in a conference room and only those dealers that even want to do this. If they don't feel comfertable with the skill level of their dealer then they don't get it! Check out the 1.8T tech thread on vwvortex. It's a sticky.

If you really just want to do it yourself and have no compitent Unitronic dealer in your area, just wait for Eurodyne to release their ME9 Suite. Only reason why I'm going with Eurodyne right now is because it's available today for my B5 Audi A4 and timing was perfect.

The Eurodyne package will be user adjustable??