GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Members Area > Off-topic / Misc. > The Sports Lounge

Old 05-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #23
.:R-DüB1864
MV3

Drives: 2011 Mopar Charger
BOLTS WIN!!
.:R-DüB1864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:17 PM   #24
utekineir
Banned

Drives: Hopped up toaster and a tdi
Send a message via AIM to utekineir
Wall 1, mcquaid 0
utekineir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:49 AM   #25
gtnub
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2oo9 GTI DSG
Ouch Caps swept
Old 05-05-2011, 06:21 AM   #26
GTivan72
Taka Take OFF

Drives: RS-MKV GTI
sharks!
Old 05-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #27
Jtrem
Pro TeaBagger

Drives: '15 GMC Yukon
Send a message via AIM to Jtrem
The caps are a lot like the canucks. Finish with a high seed, yet still get knocked out in the first or second round of the playoffs.

I think this year maybe different for the canucks though.
Jtrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #28
MV3

BOLTS!!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:38 PM   #29
clutch fool
OG MUFF DIVER

Drives: 07 BMP 6spd Votex Pkg 2 Revo 2
Detroit played a great game tonight. 3rd goal was sick.
clutch fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #30
Jtrem
Pro TeaBagger

Detroit just wont die. If the Sharks lose talk about no closing the deal.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:31 AM   #31
Bad hare
Ex-mkv owner

Drives: 08 B7 / 11 lib /
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch fool View Post
Detroit played a great game tonight. 3rd goal was sick.
They played great in period 3.

first and second periods, they just couldn't get their shots on net. everything wide. Break away hitting the post. hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrem View Post
Detroit just wont die. If the Sharks lose talk about no closing the deal.
lets go red wings!

Bad hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:33 AM   #32
Lucidity
Marx

Drives: MX-5 NB & C5 Allroad
I guess I missed this thread this year. Detroit baby, game 7 hell yeah. I still can't believe we didn't get either of those OT games though.... We won 4 straight round one though, time to do it again!
Freedom is the tower where the watchman blows his horn and must always be kept dearer than the merchant's price of gold. The glory of that tower is a frail and brittle thing, if no one tends the call of the damage done.
Lucidity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:34 AM   #33
MKvUltra
I'm chasing perfection

Drives: Low 'n Slow
sharks are notorious chokers in the playoffs... I wouldn't be surprised if the wings win game 7 because they are playing insane right now and datsyuk is playing out of his mind MVP of the series for sure
Old 05-12-2011, 08:51 PM   #34
clutch fool
OG MUFF DIVER

Drives: 07 BMP 6spd Votex Pkg 2 Revo 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad hare View Post
They played great in period 3.

first and second periods, they just couldn't get their shots on net. everything wide. Break away hitting the post. hurts.

lets go red wings!
yea that was the only period i saw. looking forward to the game tonight!
clutch fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #35
MV3

GO SHARKS!
Old 05-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #36
Jtrem
Pro TeaBagger

Sharks came out and owned that shit.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:54 PM   #37
Bad hare
Ex-mkv owner

Drives: 08 B7 / 11 lib /
great series.
i did want detroit to win, but the sharks owned it tonight.

Bad hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:08 AM   #38
Lucidity
Marx

Quote:
Sharks came out and owned that shit.
What game were you watching? There was no owning going on, the Wings lost 2 key players during the game and the Sharks just barely edged them out. I also think that last goal was questionable due to the heavy collision which knocked the puck loose. Had that been the Sharks, they would have whistled the play dead as soon as it hit Niemi. Vancouver in 5.
Freedom is the tower where the watchman blows his horn and must always be kept dearer than the merchant's price of gold. The glory of that tower is a frail and brittle thing, if no one tends the call of the damage done.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:18 AM   #39
Jtrem
Pro TeaBagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidity View Post
What game were you watching? There was no owning going on, the Wings lost 2 key players during the game and the Sharks just barely edged them out. I also think that last goal was questionable due to the heavy collision which knocked the puck loose. Had that been the Sharks, they would have whistled the play dead as soon as it hit Niemi. Vancouver in 5.
Lol Fuckin 'Conspiracy' 'forever alone' Steve.

I made that comment in the first period, if you would have looked at the time I had posted said comment.

The sharks did own the first period. Easily controlled play. Scoring chances and shots favored them, as did the score.

The Red Wings did what they do best. They came back and played a possession game. They just couldn't find the net enough times to pull off a 'W'. Howard also kept them it in, especially in the 3rd.

Lets take a look at why the Sharks won this game. It wasn't because bertuzzi and clearly were out.

1. Sharks converted on a powerplay. Detriot didn't they went 0-4
2. Nemi came up with some timely and very important saves. Turned away 38 out of 40 shots.
3. Joe Thornton was a beast tonight. Not only on the offensive side of the puck, but also defensively.
4. Turnovers. The Wings made several bad turn overs. Including "Hanks" give away at the end of the first.

Extremely tough fought series by both teams. The RedWings have that never say die attitude. Babcock is a fantastic coach and the main reason why Todd is such a great coach. Look how close the Wings and Sharks styles are.

As for the next series its going to be a battle in the West. Naturally as a Canadian I want to pull for the Canucks, but I can't say thats going to be the case.

Kessler is a man on a mission right now. If jumbo Joe can shut him down and the Sedins can't takeover... then its going to be a short series. And can Lu face his playoff demons?

Ether way I would be happy to see the Sharks or the Canucks in the finals. Just looking forward to a close and hopefully entertaining series.

..oh and Steve don't call me out on hockey. You stick to something you know like photography or masturbating.

PS.- That last goal wasn't questionable. Howard didn't have it covered, ever. It was sitting about s foot off to his side in the blue paint. Easily, chipped in by Marleau. Smart heads up play by Patrick to rush the front of the net. It was sitting right there and he tapped it home.

Don't be a sore loser. I not a Sharks fan. Hell I don't even claim any teams. I'm just an overall hockey lover. I have love for the game, not for teams.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:12 AM   #40
09vdubgti
Banned

Drives: United Grey Gti 5dr
hockey lol
09vdubgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:55 AM   #41
GTivan72
Taka Take OFF

Drives: RS-MKV GTI
Quote:

I made that comment in the first period, if you would have looked at the time I had posted said comment.

The sharks did own the first period. Easily controlled play. Scoring chances and shots favored them, as did the score.

The Red Wings did what they do best. They came back and played a possession game. They just couldn't find the net enough times to pull off a 'W'. Howard also kept them it in, especially in the 3rd.

Lets take a look at why the Sharks won this game. It wasn't because bertuzzi and clearly were out.

2. Nemi came up with some timely and very important saves. Turned away 38 out of 40 shots.
3. Joe Thornton was a beast tonight. Not only on the offensive side of the puck, but also defensively.
4. Turnovers. The Wings made several bad turn overs. Including "Hanks" give away at the end of the first.

Extremely tough fought series by both teams. The RedWings have that never say die attitude. Babcock is a fantastic coach and the main reason why Todd is such a great coach. Look how close the Wings and Sharks styles are.

As for the next series its going to be a battle in the West. Naturally as a Canadian I want to pull for the Canucks, but I can't say thats going to be the case.

Kessler is a man on a mission right now. If jumbo Joe can shut him down and the Sedins can't takeover... then its going to be a short series. And can Lu face his playoff demons?

Ether way I would be happy to see the Sharks or the Canucks in the finals. Just looking forward to a close and hopefully entertaining series.

..oh and Steve don't call me out on hockey. You stick to something you know like photography or masturbating.

PS.- That last goal wasn't questionable. Howard didn't have it covered, ever. It was sitting about s foot off to his side in the blue paint. Easily, chipped in by Marleau. Smart heads up play by Patrick to rush the front of the net. It was sitting right there and he tapped it home.

Don't be a sore loser. I not a Sharks fan. Hell I don't even claim any teams. I'm just an overall hockey lover. I have love for the game, not for teams.
Well said
Old 05-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #42
J-DUB
got splashback?

Drives: v-dub gti
wings are out!!!

woo hoooooo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@RevoTechnik View Post
As a friend said by this logic a shocker sticker means you are both a gynocologist and a proctologist and any calvin pissing on somethign sticker means you are a eurologist.
J-DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #43
Lucidity
Marx

Quote:

First off it's not a conspiracy that officiating is often biased and just plain inconsistent in ALL sports. Second, you dip to character attacks immediately, way to go Mr. Internet tough guy. Third you think that having 2 of your best players out pretty much the entire game doesn't hurt a team... seriously? Fourth I disagree, Howard had the puck pinned briefly then it was knocked out and down upon the collision, whether or not he had it long enough is debatable, but the whistle was always ready to blow with Niemi. Apparently you forgot what happened last year with them whistling shit dead with loose pucks in the crease. I want an evenly called game, I know it's not truly possible.

So what's with the chip on your shoulder there buddy? You go into a rage after I say it was a pretty even game, and Niemi got the whistle quicker. By the way, don't act like you know me, you don't. You've never met me, and probably never will. BTW you calling me forever alone guy would almost be funny, if it weren't so sad that you're on here every night posting in the OT thread. Maybe you can try impressing people with your attempts at humor in real life?
Old 05-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #44
Jtrem
Pro TeaBagger

Tell us how you really feel Steve?

I'm not an internet tough guy. Ask anyone local here on the forum. Even XminusX who is just like me in real life. I will run my mouth to anyone at any time. Just how my personality is.

I use OT almost as a social network kinda a thing. Mark, Benny, Brian, Sam, Vatche, and Blaine are all cool people. Few of them I even have met in real life. I hang out with Vatche once in awhile.

Also, I call you conspiracy steve because you believe in conspiracy theories. Not that the goal or the game was a conspiracy. Bad officiating happens.