GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
No

lets talk F1

Why did Ferrari sign Kimi to another year... :iono:

I've been saying that for the past 3 years.

Hes a great number 2 driver. Very consistent. You know what you're getting. Maybe Seb isn't comfortable with some young talent? Stupid though, Ferrari need to be thinking of their future past Seb now.

Anyone got any need for some custom wheel spacers for the MKV/6/7. They're 17.5mm with a 57.1 inner CB and 66.56 outer centerbore.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
I've been saying that for the past 3 years.

Hes a great number 2 driver. Very consistent. You know what you're getting. Maybe Seb isn't comfortable with some young talent? Stupid though, Ferrari need to be thinking of their future past Seb now.

Kimi is such a mediocre driver as of late, maybe the car doesn't suit his style. What do you think of Lewis giving Bottas his spot back was that last race or two races ago...?

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
I think kimi just fits into ferrari well. The team seem to really be gelled well together for the first time in a long time. It almost reminds me of when Ross Brawn and Jean Todt wore red.

Hamilton's a bro. People hate him and yes his social media stuff is way out there. His hair's stupid. Hes got a cute dog though. But really that was a good move from a team standpoint. Some day he'll need the favor returned to him. So smart move.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
I think kimi just fits into ferrari well. The team seem to really be gelled well together for the first time in a long time. It almost reminds me of when Ross Brawn and Jean Todt wore red.

Hamilton's a bro. People hate him and yes his social media stuff is way out there. His hair's stupid. Hes got a cute dog though. But really that was a good move from a team standpoint. Some day he'll need the favor returned to him. So smart move.

I cant tell if I hate Lewis or love him, but when he gave that place back my heart melted a little. And really the only reason I dislike him is because of his off track antics and the Still I Rise attitude but honestly who cares, what he does on his own time is his business. At least he's not like Kyle Bush on track, I fucking hate that guy.

Now Seb on the otherhand, I used to love him but when he slammed into Lewis a race or two ago it totally changed my view and now I realize how whiny the man is. I thought for sure he needed a once race ban.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
See, I love seb. On and off the track. I loved him back at RBR for the first 2 years. His ultra competitiveness has lead to some questionable moments though. Multi-21 is the first to come to mind. Then that bone head move a couple races ago. Red mist man, its real. The thing is though, I love his personality away from the track. Wants nothing to do with the media. Keeps his private life private. Hell his own team didn't know his wife was pregnant this last time until the baby was due.

Alonso is my driver though. Has been since he was dancing on top of Renaults. I feel so bad for him right now. I honestly hope he packs it up and goes to race Indy or IRL or whatever that series is called.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
See, I love seb. On and off the track. I loved him back at RBR for the first 2 years. His ultra competitiveness has lead to some questionable moments though. Multi-21 is the first to come to mind. Then that bone head move a couple races ago. Red mist man, its real. The thing is though, I love his personality away from the track. Wants nothing to do with the media. Keeps his private life private. Hell his own team didn't know his wife was pregnant this last time until the baby was due.

Alonso is my driver though. Has been since he was dancing on top of Renaults. I feel so bad for him right now. I honestly hope he packs it up and goes to race Indy or IRL or whatever that series is called.

I went to Indy this year just to see Alonso in real life. The sigh from the crowd when his car stopped was funny in a heartbreaking way. At least Sato won, that was the next best thing next to Alonso taking it.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Anyone doing anything fun this weekend? I'm going to the local gun store (not really a store, more of a Wal-Mart of guns "15,000 guns in stock") to handle some options for concealed carry.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Working on an 09 BMW 745 that was shipped to me, needs valve stem seals, a carbon clean and other atuff

I see so many 7-series in the area where I work. They're massive.

I am trying to debadge the MK7 this weekend as well. At least the rear GTI and side GTI "wings."

Last edited:

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I debadged the X5 recently. Looks much better

To me, it always does. I probably won't mess with the front grill though since, unlike the MKV, there's no honeycomb behind the GTI.

I may try to find someone to trade their red badge with my chrome one though so it blends a bit better with the tornado red:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/front-gti-emblem-red/5g0853679pwyr/

Last resort is badge skins:

http://www.badgeskins.com/store/p5/GTI_badgeskin_single.html

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Anyone doing anything fun this weekend? I'm going to the local gun store (not really a store, more of a Wal-Mart of guns "15,000 guns in stock") to handle some options for concealed carry.

Oh you know, the usual. Weather has been crappy all week so should be a good weekend to take the 4 wheelers out.

Really need to go about relocating the radiator on the suzuki. In the stock location under the machine it gets packed in with mud too easy. So need to fabricate some brackets to move it up on the rack. Could buy a kit, but its so ugly and has a pig on the front of it. So if I'm not out riding, thats what I'll be doing.

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
Had fun with zeus at the cabin in the path of totality with some friends for the eclipse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk