GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dynaudio 10 channel active 600W amplifier 3C0-035-456-H

Catalyx

Car(s)
08 GTI Silver 4 Door
This is a stereo amplifier originally designed by Dynaudio for the B6 gen Passat but it can be used in any MK5 Golf/GTI equipped with a factory external amp. Installation only requires a quick plug 'n play swap so this is by far the easiest way to dramatically upgrade your audio system.

I got my GTI four years ago and soon became motivated to replace the wimpy OEM stereo. I decided to save up for a major aftermarket build done by a shop but wanted to improve the stereo while waiting so was very happy to find this option.

I bought the Dynaudio in late 2012 and was amazed at how much better my car sounded. I thought I would also replace the mediocre OEM speakers but the amp squeezed enough performance from them to satisfy me the past few years. I did eventually add a Kenwood nav unit with a PAC adapter designed to send audio over the CAN bus which works great.

This is the ideal solution for someone who wants to avoid the cost and hassle of installing aftermarket amps. It provides 10 channels with active crossovers, EQ, and time alignment all from one little box under your seat.

I would love to hear how it sounds when driving quality speakers with its ample power:

25W RMS x 4 for tweeters
40W RMS x 2 for midranges
110W RMS x 4 for midbasses

This is the latest revision of the amp, 3C0-035-456-H, which sells for more than $800 new. I'll post photos if anyone wants but it looks just like this:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/amplifier/3c0035456h/

Mine has been sitting under its plastic cover since installation so is in near perfect condition. I'm asking $500 or best offer which is a bargain considering how much it would cost to replicate the amp's features with other products.