GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ABS MODULE FAILURE

bmeskin

VW still will not repair ABS under recall (Dublin N. CA)

They say the "computer numbers don't match", now asking for $1700 to repair the ABS. Real confused now why they had a recall.

It has been out for more than a year now, originally they wanted $2400.

I am seriously done with VW, want to sell or trade-in, and walk away.

Texasdubs

Update on the ABS Module.

Just a friendly update on this issue. I received a recall letter regarding this issue on 2009-2010 GTI's in feburary. My car just started to freak out and do what it did to a lot of you. Cluster beeps, all lights come on, sepdo drops to 0 while driving, tach works. Seems like every time I turn on my car it's something different with the cluster. Sometimes only my check engine light will come on and nothing else happens throughout the drive, sometimes the traction control and abs light come on, sometimes it drives fine and then it all freaks out. I've had to wait three days to take it to Volkswagen due to work, but it's an alarming issue as when the cluster freaks out and it throws all its light even the power steering light I usually tend to feel a slight difference in the steering movement. And of course the notice reads that your abs is most likely non responsive which can lead to safety hazards if you come across a situation where it should be kicking in. I've had the check engine light checked after this happened and it has only read U0121 which is abs module connection failure. I've secheduled an appointment with Volkswagen tomorrow so we'll see how they fix this issue. From the recall notice it said that they will first try to update the software. If that does not solve the problem they will replace the module. Apparently if your car has had previous issues with this which you have paid to get fixed and it happens again they should reimburse you for it.