GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help! Struggling to fit. Aux in Socket switch

AfroFam

Hi guys,

New to this and new to cars in general so I apologise for my lack of knowledge!

Purchased a aux in socket for my mk5 but I'm having serious trouble getting it to work. Connected it up to a friend who's a lot more knowledgeable than myself, tried switching to the CD changer and nothing.

Maybe me and my friend didn't fit it correctly, or maybe there's something else I need? Any advice or help is greatly appreciated, I just can't listen to the s**t they replay over and over on radio 1 anymore... Its driving me insane.

Attachments

• $_1.JPG
    $_1.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 696

Ryan M

Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.9 TDI
Hey man I'm on the same boat as I've recently purchased a Golf MK5 and it doesn't have any AUX input and I would like AUX compatibility. I also recently purchased the same connector around a week ago but I was informed by a friend that you needed a newer different radio to support AUX IN like the newer RCD300 (2007+) or the RCD310.

I preferred the look of the RCD310 over the RCD300 so I went with that:

Here's the RCD300 that supports AUX IN, notice the different coloured buttons and the label "MP3" at the top:

Supported:

Unsupported without CD Changer Adaptor:

If you wish to keep this radio and have it support AUX then you'll need one of these adaptors that plug into your CD and pretends to be the CD player:

RCD300 CD Adaptor | eBay

Hopefully some of this information helped you but as I said at the top I'm new to all this so if any other member has better information feel free and step in. :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Last edited:

CMkv

Car(s)
GTI Mkv
I also heard you have to program and se it up with the right options and output. maybe with vagom? im not sure

Wuptdo

Got myself a MK5 the other day and had exactly this issue. Ryan M is completely correct.

If you have a RCD310/510 that's all you need. However if you have a silver RCD300 there is additional information you need.

AfroFam - IF you have a RCD300, and you bought that cable (im 99% sure) like me you'll have to move the pins around on the white connector end. Because the pin map is different between RCD300 & RCD310.

THEN you have to use a VCDS/VAGCOM to change the last digit to a 1 in the radio module. Whilst it works, the VCDS helper doesn't state that 1 does this functionality.

I used information from the following two links

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3928384
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/760HEmMF3ns/maxresdefault.jpg

LewisT

I've finally got this cable installed and coded but there's a horrific amount of static that it's unusable, have i just got a crap cable or is there a reason?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hess

Passed Driver's Ed
I've finally got this cable installed and coded but there's a horrific amount of static that it's unusable, have i just got a crap cable or is there a reason?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

You have to swap the pins on the white side of the connector. Different radios use different AUX in (L) and (R) as well as GND pin outs. I'm not sure which ones it is specifically. I upgraded from a premium 7 and had to move pins around to allow for the aux to play properly. This is most probably your issue.