GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TVS supercharger orderer

telaio

Ready to race!
The installation is not completely finished as there is some belt-slip happening over 5500RPM so I cannot enjoy full power yet - we'll sort this out once my mechanic returns from his summer holidays. As far as I can tell the exhaust-note is unchanged but since there is more flow I think it's louder at WOT. I'm very happy to have a valvetronic-type exhaust so I can choose whether to be noisy or not...

Last edited:

telaio

Ready to race!
When your mechanic gets back, ask about adding another tensioner, that should help if not solve the belt slippage. About the only other option is to go up in pulley size on the nose cone. I hope you can get that worked out, will be nice when you have full power!
Yes, and a 5mm shorter belt might work as well. I'm not worried but the wait IS killing me :iono:

telaio

Ready to race!
Ok so now everything has been sorted out and the kit runs beautifully, the sound is great but I would enjoyed it even MORE if having this kit was legal around here...now I'm trying to attract as little attention as possible in town :)

I took the car out on a track-evening (Misano) and the kit performed flawlessly, even though I did have problems of overheating the coolant and the DSG - this will be sorted out with an extra oil cooler I hope. The extra power is a blast! On a dyno the numbers were 394HP, I hope to be able to squeeze 6 extra HP out somehow (perhaps by raising the RPM limit) to break into the 400's.

On the downsides consumption in the city went up a lot...also the DSG gear-changes are a bit less crisp since the rotational mass of the engine went up quite a bit so it takes more time to change the RPM.

telaio

Ready to race!