GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine check light and code p2098

pnp

I need your help, please.

I have a 2007 R32 with 97000km on it.

A few months ago the engine check light went on but I didn't pay too much attention to it since the car was running fine.
A few weeks latter the light went off and I never thought about it again.
Last week the light went on again. I just run the OBD scan and got the P2098 code: Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean Bank2

I did some research on it but it seems that it can be at least a thousand diferente things.

Does any one have any ideas or experienced this code?

Thanks in advance.

Epyon

Car(s)
MkV .:R32 deep blue
Did you do anything with the exhaust? Custom,stock,kit?? If custom or kit its noting to worry about really mine will do it once in a blue moon and go away after a day or two. Depends on your driving too. The computer is constantly training itself to your driving habits. Sport mode is best to drive in to keep carbon build up low. Also if you fill your tank more frequently the comp will be reset much more quickly. Finally. Only use she'll V power 93 Oct for best burn results. Never use wawa or Sunoco. She'll or Exxon.

Epyon

Car(s)
Yeah I check my old notes I get the same code. Your fine, with the code your pulling I'm assuming you have a full cat. Get yourself an ecu/dsg combo flash (chip) for short. Mine ran me 799 at ATtuning. If your not interested in that route just ride it out your cars fine. The stock ecu is sometimes going to have a weird O2 reading with the cat on your R. A fresh flash will help.

Epyon

Car(s)
Follow up

So as I was commenting on this issue. Mine turned out to be a failing fuel pump. New one for n and good as new?