GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ED30 DSG vs M3 E92

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Heard a heavier exhaust tone at low rpms but I'm clueless about bmw tuning, so I can't say if it was stage 2, or even bone stock for that matter with an aftermarket rear section. It did sound heavier though, M3's aren't uncommon in the area.

So anyway, I was sitting at a light when I saw a pair of promising lights in the back. By the time it turned green, he was already beside me and that's when I heard his exhaust tone while he was passing by. I was out with my girl to grab a sandwich, in fact I was about to make a right turn in less than a quarter mile, but what the hell I wasn't starved or anything.

Long story short first I chased him then he chased me, both times I seemed to have an edge. After that we got to a very nice half a mile stretch where we lined up at 60. I was pulling up to about 120 where I had a car and a half, put 5th and he started reeling me in very slowly. Shut down at 140 where I was still in front by half a car. Btw I would've kept going if it wasn't for a car up front, that was on his lane btw not mine. But flying by 140+ isn't exactly safe. Few more things, one he was alone, two DSG didn't seem to gain me anything and three, I might have been heat-soaked right before the actual run. I couldn't tell to be honest but chasing right before the run surely didn't help. 67 ambient, not exactly cold. I still won though, and 60-140 is a pretty long run.

Very clean ride btw, I'm sure it turns heads.