GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to reset "service now" warning?

Coffee

Dubbee Sleeper
Can anyone out there tell me how to reset that anoying "service now" alarm that the dealer sets to come on every 10000 k's? I would much prefer to do my own oil changes and not be ripped off at a dealers workshop for the pivilege.

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
1. Keys out of ignition- press and hold in trip odometer reset button "0.0" on right hand side of display

2. Still holding this button down, insert key into ignition and put to the on position without starting the car.

3. Display will read "service now"

4. let go of the "0.0" button and depress the "m" button on the left hand side of the display. this will re-set the service reminder. There is no confirmation on the display other than the words "service now" will disappear.

You can confirm that the service reminder has been reset, or check how many kms/days remain until service at any time by taking key out of the ignition and holding in the trip reset "0.0" button for between 3 and 5 seconds. The MFD will display miles and hours until next service.

Last edited:

Androo

lolwut... ??
1. Keys out of ignition- press and hold in trip odometer reset button "0.0" on right hand side of display

2. Still holding this button down, insert key into ignition and put to the on position without starting the car.

3. Display will read "service now"

4. let go of the "0.0" button and depress the "m" button on the left hand side of the display. this will re-set the service reminder. There is no confirmation on the display other than the words "service now" will disappear.

You can confirm that the service reminder has been reset, or check how many kms/days remain until service at any time by taking key out of the ignition and holding in the trip reset "0.0" button for between 3 and 5 seconds. The MFD will display miles and hours until next service.

Thanks, good instructions. :thumbsup:

NSJ202

Banned
Ill remember that for when i sell the car, kidding

jaush

Aus Liebe zum Automobil
Car(s)
R32
geez ass dont have ur period now.... simple question just thought id ask not everyone has read the 200page manual... i would of got around to checking it tomorrow, but thought id ask here incase it was something simple! douche...

The TPMS button is next to your ESP button. Just press and hold it until the light in your instrument cluster 'Dings!' and extinguishes. 3 second job :wink:

MK005

Ready to race!
The TPMS button is next to your ESP button. Just press and hold it until the light in your instrument cluster 'Dings!' and extinguishes. 3 second job :wink:

thank you! a simple answer to a simple question.. amazing!

u know what? i knew i saw the button somewhere but only checked the tyres tonight in the dark at like 10pm on my way home and couldn't see much in the dark, i had a feeling it was in the scroll menu somewhere & thats the only place I checked, i was going to investigate further tomorrow.

I think I have an electrical gremlin as the tyre pressure was spot on all 4 and i've had other wierd things happening lately!

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
thank you! a simple answer to a simple question.. amazing!

u know what? i knew i saw the button somewhere but only checked the tyres tonight in the dark at like 10pm on my way home and couldn't see much in the dark, i had a feeling it was in the scroll menu somewhere & thats the only place I checked, i was going to investigate further tomorrow.

I think I have an electrical gremlin as the tyre pressure was spot on all 4 and i've had other wierd things happening lately!

You still don't understand how it works, the manual explains how it works and when it should be pressed.

If the TPMS has not been set correctly (which clearly it hasn't as you don't know how to do it) it can't operate correctly so it will have nothing to do with the "weird" things that you have happening.

Seriously read the manual and those "weird" things might stop occurring, you'll learn all sorts of things like not touching the brake pedal when on the accelerator or you'll lose power as the electronic accelerator will be cut.

MK005

Ready to race!
I never had to set it as the dealer explained it was set and after 5months i've never had an issue.

Weird things refers to several! other electrical issues i've had with the head up display.

I will actually read some of the manual more thoroughly though there is one tip that is good advice but please feel free to pull your fucken head in and not act in such a condescending way to me in future.