GOLFMKV

MkV wheel/tire fitment guide

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
Car(s)
89, 97 Jetta, 07 GTI
Bump, I shared this chart @ GolfMK6. Thanks, RRRabbit

vwarceo

Newer to this forum and am having fun learning about new things. Am looking for wheels on tirerack right now and these are what we like.

Looking at ASA AR9 wheels that are 19x 8.5 +45 with 225/35/R19. Any danger of rubbing with 5 ppl in the car?
Also bolt pattern is 5-112......will this fit alright.
Any thoughts on good winter/all weather tires are also welcome. Thanks.

jsdtdi

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry to bother anyone here just a quick question.
Found some Merc 17x8 alloys 5x112, tyres on there at the moment are 205's just wanted to ask what the ET boundaries for these wheels to fit a golf mk5 would be?

If the et is lower does that mean they will stick out?
Seller believes they are et 35 - hasn't checked though!
Much appreciated.

BreezyGTI

Ready to race!
i am looking at some 18x8 et45 ASA AR1's and i'd like to have a little stretch. i have highsports i havent installed yet and was wondering if i'd rub with 215/35/18

mobbin6

Banned
i am looking at some 18x8 et45 ASA AR1's and i'd like to have a little stretch. i have highsports i havent installed yet and was wondering if i'd rub with 215/35/18

no you'll be okay. The only thing is that if you're gonna go with a 215/35, make sure you go LOW. Its a small tire, and if you're not low, the sidewall is gonna make your gap look huge and it won't look too great. If not a 215/35, a 215/40 would be perfect.

18x8 et 45 with a 215/40 tire. FK's all the way down in rear with everything still in. No helper springs in the front. 10-12 threads left. Hope this helps. Oh and front fenders are rolled.

slideordie

Looking at a set of 18x9 rear and 18x8 fronts ET35 with 215/40 tyres, my car is sitting at the top of the tyre all round, front arches will be rolled. Anyone with a similar setup that could fire up a pic so I can get an idea what they'll look like?

silver_z33

Less mpg
Car(s)
MKVI GLI
Yo thanks for this sticky man just saved me putting up a thread lol

BMPgtiMk5

I wanted to buy some audi a6 rims from a b5 to run for the winter on my mk5 gti. they are 16x7 et 45 can i use my stock bolts and no need for hubcentric rings correct? any help would be appreciated.

sullwe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI
Hey guys quick question, if the offset gets lower does that make the wheel be more flush with the outside of the car? looking to get 17x8 tsw et 45 and probably some spacers.

blkmaggtsp74

Ready to race!
Hey guys quick question, if the offset gets lower does that make the wheel be more flush with the outside of the car? looking to get 17x8 tsw et 45 and probably some spacers.

Yes, and i would say 5-8mm spacers in the back and 5mm in the front and maybe 215/45 if you´re a bit lowered.

gold-dubbin

POW!!
Car(s)
08 rabbit
question

I'm selling a set of 15" steelie's with rubbers from my rabbit. I need to know if they're fit on a MKV EOS. Will the brakes interfere?
They're ContiPRO contact tires 195/65r15

If anyone knows It would help me out alot. Thanks

BUP

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking to replace a set of Hankook - Ventus V12 Evo (Max Performance Summer) with a set of Ultra High Performance All-Season tires. Unfortunately my current summer tires didn't give me as many miles as I had hoped. I'm now looking to stretch my tires/dollar out, yet still maintain a good amount of performance.

Continental – Extreme Contact DWS
Pirelli - PZero Nero All Season

Does anyone have any feedback on the options listed, or other possibilities I could look at?

Benjamin T

Go Kart Champion
current issue of consumer reports has their latest reviews of hi-performance tires. as i recall, the pzero scored highest, and the contis were i think 2nd or 3rd in the comparison list.