GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Yorkdale VW

PumaYaYa

Passed Driver's Ed
I dealt with Phil too. He's only 24 I think he told me. Maybe I'll have to take my car to Yorkdale VW. Thanks man.

Who did you deal with at Agincourt? I bought my car there too and know most of the sales guys. I dealt with Phil but they are all good guys.
On the other hand the service sucks... I had some minor issues: dash rattles, fuse blown, rattle in my passenger seat headrest, not functioning central lock button on driver's side door...basically nothing major just little annoying things but each visit was a bad experience.
I don't recommend them for service at all.

Krayzie, you are better off with Cedarbrae VW if you want something close to you.

lucretius

Scammed by Yorkdale Volkswagen (Toronto)

I am so ashamed. I’ve been scammed twice by Yorkdale Volkswagon o/b 2031113. I know I should have been more on the ball. I probably cannot do anything about it. Hopefully, others will not make the same mistakes as me. Shop elsewhere.

I leased a new VW Passat CC through this dealer. They used an offer to lease form which doesn't include the selling price of the vehicle on it. They told me the purchasing price was $34,735,which included the base price of $31,975 + $1,400 for auto transmission and $1,360 for freight and PDI. The leasing company is VW Credit Canada Inc. The numbers were the same as posted on VW Canada's website. The monthly payments were a little more than what I wanted to pay so I asked if they could lower the purchase price enough to make the monthly lease payment an amount of $350 per month (this included an $8,000 trade-in). The salesman told me that he required my credit card in order to present this to his manager. He came back with a reworked offer to lease form and told me I have a deal. At that time, the salesman took my ownership papers for the car I was going to trade-in.

What they did not tell me was that they retained the same purchase price, but increased the amount I would have to pay up front, not to mention that they used a slightly higher interest rate to calculate the lease payments than the amount posted on VW Canada's website. After I released what they did, I called the new car sales manager to complain and ask for my $1,000 deposit back. He would not give back the deposit. He agreed to reduce the up-front payment by $700, while maintaining everything else the same. Further I was told that I could have the car in the colour scheme that I wanted by the end of the week. I later found out that they do not have the car I wanted, and promised to order one for me from the manufacturer. The car arrived three weeks later. It did not come from directly the manufacturer. Instead, they acquired it from another dealer and had a manufacture date that was five months old, meaning it had sat through the Canadian winter -- they did not disclose this to me.

When I picked up the car and fill out the leasing paperwork, the leasing rate offered by VW Credit Canada had dropped from 4.9 to 2.9%. The dealer had forms for me to sign which stated that the interest rate was 2.9% but the monthly payments or up-front payments had not changed. The residual value had been lowered by a mere $340.00. Again the purchase price was not disclosed on the new offer to lease form. When I pointed out that the lower interest rate should have a more significant effect on lowering either the up-front payments or the monthly lease payments, I was told that the effect was minimal. The Business Manager told me that they made $250 and he would make it up to me in services. At this point they already had my car and my insurance had already been transferred to the new car. So I just took his word for it. However, the lease agreement itself, which is an entirely different document, only presented to me after all of the above had occurred, contained a Vehicle Selling Price that was $37,662.83. This price was significantly higher than the MSRP of the vehicle, and when I questioned it I was told it includes freight, security deposit and first month payments as well as some other small charges. Not having a computer with me at the dealership, these items cannot be easily checked. After getting home, I realized they the selling price only included freight, not security deposit and first month payment and was $3,319.83 above the selling price I had agreed to. Do I have any recourse against this dealer?

krayzie

Go Kart Champion
Well I know this much maybe it will answer some of that.

Rule of thumb is a dealer will always lease the car to you based on MSRP + Frieght and PDI and Taxes. They will only adjust the residual if you want lower monthly payments but it's more risk to them if they raise the residual too much in case you return the car at the end of the lease. The rate is set by the manufacturer's financing wing. The only way they would lower the purchasing price is if you are financing or buying with cash.

Every month you are only paying taxes on your monthly payments portion of the total. Hence the residual (your buyback price) is shown with no taxes added yet.

In order to get the color you want, they will always try to find another one at another dealer to trade with, and it is actually a purchase to purchase transaction to them. If no other dealers have stock, then they wait for the factory. You shouldn't have needed to pay a cent until the car has arrived for you to look at.

Anywayz the dealer should have disclosed all this to you regardless.

rabbi7

slugish rabbit
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Ive also been SCAMMED by VW YORKDALE.. they have raised all kinds of costs just to come out where they wanted to be while keeping my monthly payments down... including raising the cost of the GTI by 4,000$ and while giving me 19k for my 2008 rabbit, which I gave deposit of 2000$ for, and paid off around 5k over the year. (I noticed most of this as I got home, too late I know.) I thought I was going to be ready for all their stealership tricks... but they got me. I did not get my 500$ deposit back as well, instead they claim they included it into my purchase to keep monthly payments down... Im never going to purchase from them again. Stay away, buncha crooks.

Good luck :eek:

I am so ashamed. I’ve been scammed twice by Yorkdale Volkswagon o/b 2031113. I know I should have been more on the ball. I probably cannot do anything about it. Hopefully, others will not make the same mistakes as me. Shop elsewhere.

I leased a new VW Passat CC through this dealer. They used an offer to lease form which doesn't include the selling price of the vehicle on it. They told me the purchasing price was $34,735,which included the base price of $31,975 + $1,400 for auto transmission and $1,360 for freight and PDI. The leasing company is VW Credit Canada Inc. The numbers were the same as posted on VW Canada's website. The monthly payments were a little more than what I wanted to pay so I asked if they could lower the purchase price enough to make the monthly lease payment an amount of $350 per month (this included an $8,000 trade-in). The salesman told me that he required my credit card in order to present this to his manager. He came back with a reworked offer to lease form and told me I have a deal. At that time, the salesman took my ownership papers for the car I was going to trade-in.

What they did not tell me was that they retained the same purchase price, but increased the amount I would have to pay up front, not to mention that they used a slightly higher interest rate to calculate the lease payments than the amount posted on VW Canada's website. After I released what they did, I called the new car sales manager to complain and ask for my $1,000 deposit back. He would not give back the deposit. He agreed to reduce the up-front payment by $700, while maintaining everything else the same. Further I was told that I could have the car in the colour scheme that I wanted by the end of the week. I later found out that they do not have the car I wanted, and promised to order one for me from the manufacturer. The car arrived three weeks later. It did not come from directly the manufacturer. Instead, they acquired it from another dealer and had a manufacture date that was five months old, meaning it had sat through the Canadian winter -- they did not disclose this to me.

When I picked up the car and fill out the leasing paperwork, the leasing rate offered by VW Credit Canada had dropped from 4.9 to 2.9%. The dealer had forms for me to sign which stated that the interest rate was 2.9% but the monthly payments or up-front payments had not changed. The residual value had been lowered by a mere $340.00. Again the purchase price was not disclosed on the new offer to lease form. When I pointed out that the lower interest rate should have a more significant effect on lowering either the up-front payments or the monthly lease payments, I was told that the effect was minimal. The Business Manager told me that they made $250 and he would make it up to me in services. At this point they already had my car and my insurance had already been transferred to the new car. So I just took his word for it. However, the lease agreement itself, which is an entirely different document, only presented to me after all of the above had occurred, contained a Vehicle Selling Price that was $37,662.83. This price was significantly higher than the MSRP of the vehicle, and when I questioned it I was told it includes freight, security deposit and first month payments as well as some other small charges. Not having a computer with me at the dealership, these items cannot be easily checked. After getting home, I realized they the selling price only included freight, not security deposit and first month payment and was $3,319.83 above the selling price I had agreed to. Do I have any recourse against this dealer?

intcountzero54

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
It's unfortunate to hear, but I'm not suprised. In all of my comments regarding Yorkdale, I have always referred to their Service staff. Although I was fortunate in my dealings with a sales staff member there, I can be one to vouge that the majority of the salesman at this location are unscrupulous. Even the way they dress, you can just tell how much an asshole they probably will be during the purchase. They look and act like used car salesman. I have accidentitly overheard conversations in the snack bar area where they INSIST on congregating when they have nothing to do and talk business. DO THEY THINK NO ONE CAN HEAR THEM!? How stupid is that?

My other comment is on leasing. I used to work for Dell, and the one thing they used to push the sales force to do there was lease the equipment, before trying to sell it. The reason was the incredible friggen margins they gained on the product. LEASING IS A SUCKER's bet. I'm sorry. I know alot will disagree, but I've been on the front line, and I know why the mechanism exisits. There are NO benefits to this method for non-business customers. It should be avoided like the pleague.

Lastly, and forgive me for being presumptous, BUT NEVER LET ANYONE TAKE FINANCIAL INFORMATION WHERE YOU ARE NOT. They asked for my card too at Yorkdale. I refused. They appealed again, and told them that I would be following them with the card. They then agreed and only used it to book the down payment. Even then, I was there watching them do it in the sales manager's office.

NEVER TRUST ANYONE in the auto business. Sorry for who this might offend. But it's dog eat dog out there, esepecially in this shitty market. Even VW has had huge declines (dspite what Raz keeps saying). They will do anything to pad the bottom line. You have to know what you'll pay BEFORE you begin negotiating.

I follow this site like the bible for buying new cars.

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/

It is the best advice on the web. Everyone should know that shit up and down before even taking a test drive. Too harsh? Maybe. But no one is looking after you but you. You're chum to these guys. You have to be as guarded as possible.

rabbi7

slugish rabbit
Car(s)
2008 GTI
^^ Lots of good points.

They also tried to push me some lease garbage, saying its so much of a better deal than financing, but since Ive never leased, it wasn't going to be the first time, especially with those crooks who kept insisting.

Another unprofessional thing was how the sales manager (who looked like he just graduated from high school, sneaky little bastard) kept coming up to the sales guys and saying "Yes they baught the tint/extended warranty/paint protection.", and the sales person would laugh and say right on.

Last time I step my foot in there, not even for service. Only reason I bought the car there, was because I liked their selection, and they had what I wanted. (Even they scratched the shit out of it by detailing it...)

:thumbdown:

lucretius

Well I know this much maybe it will answer some of that.

Rule of thumb is a dealer will always lease the car to you based on MSRP + Frieght and PDI and Taxes. They will only adjust the residual if you want lower monthly payments but it's more risk to them if they raise the residual too much in case you return the car at the end of the lease. The rate is set by the manufacturer's financing wing. The only way they would lower the purchasing price is if you are financing or buying with cash.

Every month you are only paying taxes on your monthly payments portion of the total. Hence the residual (your buyback price) is shown with no taxes added yet.

In order to get the color you want, they will always try to find another one at another dealer to trade with, and it is actually a purchase to purchase transaction to them. If no other dealers have stock, then they wait for the factory. You shouldn't have needed to pay a cent until the car has arrived for you to look at.

Anywayz the dealer should have disclosed all this to you regardless.

Maybe I wasn't clear -- I was not asking them to lower the selling price, rather I just expected tehm to retain the selling price upon which wee had agreed. What they did was underhandedly increased the selling price, without disclosing it and pressure me into signing -- saying my only choice was to sign this, or another agrrement at the higher interest rate. They already had my deposit and my trade-in.

krayzie

Go Kart Champion
It could end up like this:

bigblackjohnson

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 VW GTI

Sorry to dig this old post out of the grave, but either are you the same person posting this all over the net, or Yorkdale VW has thorougly screwed people over the same way with the same car. :iono:

Case & point:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/yorkdale-volkswagen-c198272.html

http://www.penciltrick.com/index.php/automotive/yorkdale-volkswagon/

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/434/RipOff0434421.htm

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/71355-scammed-yorkdale-volkswagen-toronto-canada/

http://forum.kijiji.ca/about6779966.html

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=714036&highlight=macnut

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1wtu9-leased-new-vw-passat-cc-yorkdale

I picked up my GTI there as well, and have been going there for service and to be quite honest I've had a MUCH more enjoyable experience than when I had my CL type S and dealing with Woodbine Acura(now gone).

RagingRabbit

So much for being subtle.
Car(s)
09 Rabbit
Yorkdale VW saved me from the piece of shithole that is Mississauga VW.

Only good things to say about Yorkdale VW; very professional and nice people.

Taps

West End Sales & Service?

Thinking of getting either an 09 GTI or a GLI (most likely a red GLI) for the wife... Servicing has always been a royal pain in the a$$ for both of us with her current 06 X-Trail (at Airport Nissan)...

Which VW dealer would you folks recommend for both sales and/or service out in the west end of Toronto (i.e. close to the Airport)?

I see only one recent complaint for Mississauga, but anyone else had any experience with them recently cause I also saw a postive comment on them in an earlier post?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shine on this...

Taps

The IS-F is a great car with a super engine... Cant say enough good things about it. :thumbsup:

I havent test driven a GLI yet, but a few work colleagues of mine say it's terriffic and highly recommend it. I recently drove a 2010 Mazda3 GT-E and both the car and the service department (401 Dixie) looked like crap (imho)... The car always looks like its smiling??...:thumbdown:

Anyways, I thought I'd piggyback on this thread as it was already about a VW dealership/dealerships.

The price seems right on the GLI, but i'm worried about the Mississauga dealership now from a service perspective (as it maybe closest to me). Anyone have thoughts/experiences with the one in Woodbridge (Martin Grove i think?)

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

goldn

capt. no dub
Car(s)
E91
you'll love the 2.0T motor and the interior.
it's a great car.
can't help with dealer info on the westend...
welcome to the forum.