GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Members Area > Off-topic / Misc. > The Sports Lounge

Old 07-02-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
Squish_GTI
Ball till I fall

Drives: ficho
LBJ, D-Wade, Bosh, Amare...

I think Amare will end up in New York.
Wade and Bosh will end up in Miami.
Joe Johnson will end up Chicago.
Lebron James will end up either in Chicago or New York.

What do you guys think?

oh and btw, my poor Raptors will suck forever led by Turko(failure)glu

Last edited by Squish_GTI; 07-04-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Squish_GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
ARES MKV
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2006 BMP GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish_GTI View Post
I think Amaren will end up in New York.

What do you guys think?

Joe Johnson has pretty much resigned a Max contract with the Hawks. I have a strong feeling Lebron will stay in cleveland, and Boozer may join him there, and Delonte should end up getting traded before the season starts to keep Lebron from killing him.

On Amare, I think you are right he will go to either the Knicks or the Nets, Bosh is pretty much locked to go to Miami with Wade, I still think that team needs at least one more player to get past The Magic, or Cleveland ( if bron stays) in the east.

If However Lebron and Bosh go to Chicago, I would tap Chicago as the winners of the east next year, that team would just be too nasty, even though they dont have a coach yet. Or did they hire some one?? You would have D Rose at PG, You could move Deng to SG, Lebron at SF, Bosh at PF, and Noah at C, that is just a nasty team for anyone to deal with. Plus their bench is decent, not the best depth, but definitely enough to make a deep playoff run. Rose and Bosh alone could contribute 20 a night each, with lebron averaging almost 30 Points a game last season you have 70 points right there between only three players.

btw your interior looks amazing.
ARES MKV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:13 PM   #3
clutch fool
OG MUFF DIVER

Drives: 07 BMP 6spd Votex Pkg 2 Revo 2
id love to see lebron in ny or nj but i doubt it. he'll prolly stay in cleveland or maybe miami, highly doubt chicago.
clutch fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:15 PM   #4
09vdubgti
Banned

Drives: United Grey Gti 5dr
Knicks offered James 1 billion dollars, and could end up making 2 billion ofter endorsements.

If he ends up not going to the Knicks, I will have huge respect for the guy.
09vdubgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #5
BlaineWasHere
I brake for apexes!

Drives: Front Rear Sport
Oh BTW there is a whole section devoted to sports chat!

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64
BlaineWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #6
ARES MKV
Rally Car Newbie

THis makes things very interesting

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5348670

Could it really be possible for Wade, Bosh and Lebron to go to Chicago? I think it would truly show the power these guys have over the league if they had planned this the whole time.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
BlaineWasHere
I brake for apexes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARES MKV View Post
THis makes things very interesting

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5348670

Could it really be possible for Wade, Bosh and Lebron to go to Chicago? I think it would truly show the power these guys have over the league if they had planned this the whole time.
It's what they should do!

They will not make as much per basketball salary, but they will all make BANK from endorsements, and duh they will win titles.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #8
09vdubgti
Banned

HELLO A POSSIBLE 2 BILLION DOLLARS AFTER ENDORSMENTS FOR LEBRON JAMES, IF HE GOES TO THE KNICKS!!!!!!!!

Theres no wayyyyyyy chicago will be able to match that.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:44 PM   #9
ARES MKV
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaineWasHere View Post
It's what they should do!

They will not make as much per basketball salary, but they will all make BANK from endorsements, and duh they will win titles.
They would control the entire NBA for the next five years if they did it. People say they cannot work together, I guess we forget the olympics that quickly. Can you imagine a team that stacked though?

D Rose at PG, argueably probably one of the top five and most atheltic PG in the league. Wade at SG, the second best SG in the league after Kobe Bryant of course, Lebron James, the best SF and second best player in the league after kobe. Bosh at PF, the second best PF in the league, No 1 being Gasol, Deng coming off the bench to sub in for Lebron or Wade, Noah... well he is good at rebounding I admit, dude just has no muscle mass. He needs to bulk up over summer like Howard did three years ago.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:46 PM   #10
ARES MKV
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09vdubgti View Post
HELLO A POSSIBLE 2 BILLION DOLLARS AFTER ENDORSMENTS FOR LEBRON JAMES, IF HE GOES TO THE KNICKS!!!!!!!!

Theres no wayyyyyyy chicago will be able to match that.
See the thing is though, players like Kobe, Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are not all about the money. Lebron is already set to make a shit ton of money from sales of NBA and Nike sneakers in China, all he needs now to truly become a global brand is that first ring. If he goes to the Knicks that team wont be ready to compete and a deep playoff run till lebron is almost 29 years old....
Old 07-02-2010, 10:41 PM   #11
kirk180
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: '08 GTI & '08 3.2 A3 Sline
Lebron will make a billion regardless of where he is.

One vote for staying here in Cleveland.
kirk180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:11 AM   #12
BlaineWasHere
I brake for apexes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk180 View Post
Lebron will make a billion regardless of where he is.

One vote for staying here in Cleveland.
you're bias.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:12 AM   #13
Tempted2Speed
is cooler than you

Drives: 2008 BMP 4 Door FSI
Theres so many possibilities right now Im trying to just wait and see what happens.

Who cares about the money, Lebron certainly doesnt, he wants to win!

I still hate him though.

Quote:
the second best SG in the league after Kobe Bryant of course

Lebron James, the best SF and second best player in the league after kobe

Bosh at PF, the second best PF in the league, No 1 being Gasol
Haha couldnt agree more.

Lakers FTW 2010 Champions baby
Old 07-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #14
Squish_GTI
Ball till I fall

I don't think LeBron is 29, he's probably 23-24, and he's been in the league for 7 years.. wow. You guys are right tho, even tho Knicks want to give LeBron billions of dollars, at the end of the day he wants to win. So he'll either go to Chicago or play together with Wade/Bosh in Miami..

question is .. would NBA be fun to watch with those three guys on one team? I know Pierce/Allen/Garnett did the same thing but they were in their 30's when they did that, and now they're so old they can't even perform on the court! These guys would be in their mid-20's, playing together.. I'd say easy champions in the next 5 years.

I forgot about my man Agent GUNS (lol).. Gilbert Arenas.. where do you think he'll end up?
Old 07-03-2010, 11:32 AM   #15
Squish_GTI
Ball till I fall

Quote:

btw your interior looks amazing.
Thanks!
Old 07-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #16
kirk180
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaineWasHere View Post
you're bias.
Correct.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:07 PM   #17
ARES MKV
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
I don't think LeBron is 29, he's probably 23-24, and he's been in the league for 7 years.. wow. You guys are right tho, even tho Knicks want to give LeBron billions of dollars, at the end of the day he wants to win. So he'll either go to Chicago or play together with Wade/Bosh in Miami..

question is .. would NBA be fun to watch with those three guys on one team? I know Pierce/Allen/Garnett did the same thing but they were in their 30's when they did that, and now they're so old they can't even perform on the court! These guys would be in their mid-20's, playing together.. I'd say easy champions in the next 5 years.

I forgot about my man Agent GUNS (lol).. Gilbert Arenas.. where do you think he'll end up?
He's 25, but by the time the knicks get competitive he would be about 29.

My problem with Wade and Bosh in Miami, is who is their next best player? Beasley?? That Miami team is absolute dog shit, and would of given the nets a run for their money if it wasn't for Wade. Miami lacks a PG and a Center. Bosh and Wade cannot do everything on that team.

Thats why if all three of them went to the bulls it would make much more sense, you have D rose, Noah, Deng, and a decent bench. The problem all three of them have right now, Wade/LeBron/Bosh, is that every night they have to be terminators on the court, they cannot be humans. Their teams cannot support them when they are not playing at 115% scoring 30+ points, 10 assist and 8 rebounds. Clevelands entire offense runs through LeBron james right now, almost every point they score is because of him setting it up. That is what makes the lakers world champions, sure they have Kobe, but because they run through a Triangle offense, everyone is a threat and everyone makes plays for everyone.

Cleveland took a giant step forward by getting rid of that moron Brown, I mean seriously the ECF last year was a joke with his defensive set. It was frustrating to watch that series, every god damn play Orlando ran the same damn play, pass to howard wait for the dumbass cleveland double or triple team and then pass to Lewis, or Turkey boy for the three. It was an absolute embarrassment. Also by getting rid of Danny Ferry, hopefully they will actually have some one who knows how to negotiate with a player. If you ever need a good laugh, look up the Cleveland Cavaliers Salary, Varajao makes almost 10 Million a year, Gibson who played what, 2 minutes in the playoffs total, makes almost 5 mil a year..........

I was born in cleveland and lived their for 13 years, I am used to the heart break, the moronic draft picks, Tim Couch anyone???? That's why I am ready to support what ever team LeBron goes to, I am done with that city and its loser mentality, they almost make dumb
ass decisions.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #18
clutch fool
OG MUFF DIVER

Drives: 07 BMP 6spd Votex Pkg 2 Revo 2
lol @ 50 cent today on shade 45. he was saying "c'mon lebron, come to NY and give us a reason to watch their games. ill buy you a damn ring if thats what you want, just play here."
clutch fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:32 AM   #19
kirk180
FIA Formula 1 Champion

I'll say this again: Lebron is playing every other city, and I think it's great. He's making billionaires, famous people, big cities, and all that come to Clevo foe nothing. In the end he stays, plays them all, and shows them their cities don't mean shit to him. I love it.

Thanks for staying Lebron! Quote it.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:02 AM   #20
09vdubgti
Banned

lol watch he end up going to the nets lmao its a possibility tho
Old 07-04-2010, 11:30 AM   #21
turboed
Low Blinker Fluid

Drives: MKV GTI
Quote:
I think Amaren will end up in New York.

What do you guys think?

Do you Canadians know anything about basketball? Stick to hockey.

Joe Johnson did not even talk with the Bulls is past his prime as is lucky Atlanta is offering him max money because he is nowhere near worth that much.

Bron's last two meetings were with the 2 teams he will ultimately decide between, Chicago and Cleveland. The Cavs can offer him the most $$$ but Chicago is the better choice in the end because they are in a much better position to be contenders now and years from now. Bosh was denied his sign and trade so he won't be getting the HUGE money he was after so that is better news for Chicago.

For all the glam and money NY can offer Lebron their team and front office and still a joke so he has better odds of going to the Clippers before the Knicks.

There should be some decisions made hopefully by tomorrow and then signing on the 8th, can't wait.
turboed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #22
Squish_GTI
Ball till I fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboed View Post
Do you Canadians know anything about basketball? Stick to hockey.

Joe Johnson did not even talk with the Bulls is past his prime as is lucky Atlanta is offering him max money because he is nowhere near worth that much.

Bron's last two meetings were with the 2 teams he will ultimately decide between, Chicago and Cleveland. The Cavs can offer him the most $$$ but Chicago is the better choice in the end because they are in a much better position to be contenders now and years from now. Bosh was denied his sign and trade so he won't be getting the HUGE money he was after so that is better news for Chicago.

For all the glam and money NY can offer Lebron their team and front office and still a joke so he has better odds of going to the Clippers before the Knicks.

There should be some decisions made hopefully by tomorrow and then signing on the 8th, can't wait.
Great points!

btw, I'm European, I know nothing about hockey

I read today where Wade said: "get me another all-star in NY and I'll get the Knicks a ring". Since when is he interested in NY?