GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Service Reminder Half MFD Help

07GliRep

Previously I somehow reset my service reminders in VCDS so that every time i turned the key in the ignition it would show the miles left and days before i even started the car. This is not the full screen MFD its the half screen.

Known facts: if you push and hold the 0.0 button with the key in the ignition it shows this information. To reset it, press and hold before inserting into ignition, turn ignition on and press the Min button and it will reset it.

I have finally figured out how to update the cluster under 17 Instruments in VCDS to show the proper time and miles but im wondering how i can get this to show every time i turn the ignition before i start my car. My guess is that its not supposed to do this.

I do have a fault code in Instruments that wont go away. (tried to take apart the cluster and put a Full screen MFD in it, dont think it liked that lol)

Any suggestions are welcome. Also this is my first post, i know this is a golf forum, hope Jetta drivers are welcome here.

martin_sz

I have finally figured out how to update the cluster under 17 Instruments in VCDS to show the proper time and miles

How did you manage to bring the reminder back?
I am struggling with same issue.

I used to get a warning "Service in xxx km or yyy days".
It is a VW Passat B6

Holding the wrench button and ignition on shows me "Service now".
I tried resetting it with the wrench button and min. It still gives me "Service now".

I tried then with VCDS.
SRI Reset -> general reset -> perform SRI
SRI Reset -> change to fixed interval (kilometers) -> perform SRI

SRI reset.PNG

SRI reset2.PNG

SRI reset3.PNG

And also
[Select] -> [17 - Instruments] -> [Adaptation - 10] -> Enter channel 02
[Read]
gives me "ServRemind Closed Reset"
and I am unable to set '1' for new value

ServRemind.PNG

Holding the wrench button and ignition on shows me "Service now".
How do I get the "Service in xxx km or yyy days" message shown?