GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A build I am very happy with - got all my info on this forum

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Picked a couple new things for the build today. Little love for the rear suspension. I will never get this thing done if I don't stop buying stuff to install.

I'm curious to see how you like those, I've steered away from spherical bearings in the past and the control arms cost was hard to swallow for me.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I'm curious to see how you like those, I've steered away from spherical bearings in the past and the control arms cost was hard to swallow for me.

From a reporting standpoint I won't be able to report back on how they improved handling on a before and after basis but I will at least be able to keep track of how the bearings hold up over time.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
The Aurora spherical bearings I have in just about every position in the rear on the racecar are holding up well. Definitely a little noisy but can't complain considering this car basically just sees the track. I will admit, on regular roads it's pretty rough, small cracks in the pavement sound like giant potholes. I'm estimating mine have around 5k on em and they are still fine (although the car only gets around 600 miles a year lol).

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
The Aurora spherical bearings I have in just about every position in the rear on the racecar are holding up well. Definitely a little noisy but can't complain considering this car basically just sees the track. I will admit, on regular roads it's pretty rough, small cracks in the pavement sound like giant potholes. I'm estimating mine have around 5k on em and they are still fine (although the car only gets around 600 miles a year lol).

That is pretty much what I expect. NVH concerns went out the window with this build, performance first. This car is a secondary driver now, have been putting less than 5K miles per year on it.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Stuff arrives and build is close to be done hopefully soon

As soon as the motor comes back from the machine shop things will finally get rolling.

Right now, the new 034 suspension parts (endlinks, rear trailing arms and rear control arms), YCW coilovers, all new wheel bearings and Brembo brakes are going in while we wait for the motor.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
As soon as the motor comes back from the machine shop things will finally get rolling.

Right now, the new 034 suspension parts (endlinks, rear trailing arms and rear control arms), YCW coilovers, all new wheel bearings and Brembo brakes are going in while we wait for the motor.

You can install all new stuff and just be ready for the forged motor

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Been watching from the shadows the past month or so, looks like this is going to be quite the monster soon

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Update - Line bore supposed to be finished this week and cylinder bore next week then the motor will be done and Chris can begin assembly.

Final Street wheels are going to be 18x10 (et20/et3 f/r). Will be running 295/30 tires. We will put on correct size flare once we have wheels on. They will poke 1.2 in front and 1.5 in back so I will need flares to cover that.

I will probably just get a set of 18x9.5 or 10.5 et15 Enkei RFP1 and redrill them for track use

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Awesome news! So you decided not to break into the 300 territory for tires?

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I can't wait for updates, really excited to see this start coming together!