GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MkV GTI work car build

ZluckMK5

Car(s)
06 MK5 GTI
Hello all! Just picked up this little Mk5 GTi w/ all of 63k!
Came with a fair amount of receipts and was already lowered on H&R springs, paired with the orange Konis.

Just had it flashed with the APR stage 1.
I will be chronicling my mods and issues for anyone to ask, learn, or offer input!!

Have a newsouth boost gauge on its way along with a Rev D.

Also decided I needed these for work:

So I ordered them as well.

(already replaced the broken radio and a few missing pieces in the interior)

I have course have put over 1000 miles on it in five days:)

I am currently hunting down a boost leak! I believe it is the aluminum hose by the turbo going into the intercooler. I will also check vacuum lines under the intake manifold for a vacuum leak once my diverter arrives!

Oh Yeah, I also grabbed one of these!

I have had previous experience with VAG products

My last build was a 99 (B5) A4 1.8T fwd. I ended up going GIAC stage 2 with a frankenturbo and supporting mods. It was an absolute riot!!! Getting 32 mpg with five people in the car and then smoking the mustang next to you:)

Probably will not get that involved with this car as I plan to drive it into the grave. Lastly any FSI performance parts you might want to part with, please message me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Nice to have you in the group. I always have $#!@t lying around I've removed for upgrades...you can always message me for bits and I can look to see if I got it.

Love the dash tray and under seat drawers. Got the tray and still want the drawers, just not sure if I will upgrade the seats soon so I wait on that.

So, I know some have said they opted for the revision-D DV after trying that newer G DV you got there. May want to do some searching and reading as to why they found the D better than the G. I run an AWE Porsche type DV so not exactly certain what's up there. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-pierbur...P3m9CLk05v2SlJqthqeyq6Zw9VaT09hEaAmIOEALw_wcB

I do have a stage 1 BSH pcv if you decide you want one of those due to finding you go through PCV's often. But if not going throuigh them often...run the oem pcv unless you opt for a catch can system.

Let's see, that lower trans insert will not noticeably reduce wheel hop as they say it will. These will do more than that insert: https://store.034motorsport.com/dogbone-mount-pair-density-line-mk5-mk6-volkswagen-8j-8p-audi.html Also, I wasn't able to eliminate wheel hop until, in addition to that insert, I installed all three upgraded mounts(BSH) along with a W.A.L.K. (whiteline anti lift kit).

Looks like your left fog grille isn't fitting flushly...might want to see what's going on with it.

The boost leak you suspect...look about all the plumbing connections for oil residue. You can replace the o-rings at each: https://www.vwpartscenter.net/oem-p...vPWd0aSZ5PTIwMDcmdD1iYXNlJmU9Mi0wbC1sNC1nYXM=

You aware of the hpfp cam follower? PN 06D109309C . If not, and being it is an '06, I would install a new one. They are sub $50 and easy to swap. 2006 to mid 2007's have been known to have cam follower(CF) wear as early as 40k miles. Regardless, the CF will fail by 100k to 120k costing you a new hpfp, CF, and intake cam...plus repair costs if you do not DIY. After you install a new one...post a pic of the CF and we can estimate the life for the next and you can plan to replace again every ??k miles.

Lastly, inspect that cam belt. I change mine every 60k miles...forget when it is on the schedule. Oh, it's 60k miles or four years.

Best of luck and fun with it...always here as are many other helpful souls.

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

ZluckMK5

Car(s)
06 MK5 GTI
Do not have a Ross tech, definitely something to purchase in the future. You know what I saw that it said revision G on the valve and an ECS they said it was the D:/

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Damned them! LOL
I ordered a certain revision lpfp controller from a dealership. They ordered and gave me the next one and it was made in China. I said "I thought we ordered the revision ?x?. They ordered another, but said there were only three showing up in the country. Likely be none if ever needed again. If not installed your DV yet...going to contact ECS? The G should be fine if not building over 20 psi because tuned. Most prefer the D because tuned and boosting 21+ psi. I have an AWE DV that's good for 30+psi.

ZluckMK5

Car(s)
06 MK5 GTI
I am tuned. APR stage 1. Once I get the boost gauge and I will know better...(using carista and ODBfusion ATM) I plan on getting a "go fast bits" piston upgrade. Maybe a Muffler upgrade and intake next!
Planning on installing my underseat cubby, and Newsouth gauge & pod tomorrow.
The dash cubby will be in Monday... so I will probably leave it partially disassembled until then[emoji51]

ZluckMK5

Car(s)
06 MK5 GTI

Replaced some charge pipe O-rings and plugs. Looks like it had the original spark plugs!!! Pulls much smoother now!

ZluckMK5

Car(s)
06 MK5 GTI

Moving right along! Installed the Newsouth gauge and pod!
Dash Cubby arrives today, both drivers under seat and dash cubby will be installed this week!

Love the APR tune!
Need a 42 DD CAI. I'm not sure if anyone has had any experience with this or not... but when I had my B5 A4 (1.8T AEB) something I did to keep spool up time down, and control my boost spiking and hold a tad... I installed a MBC in conjunction with my factory N75

I had really good luck with it, quicker spool up time and better turbo sounds:) you are only able to modify the way your factory N75 behaves to an extent... but well worth it on my A4.

Anybody tried it on their FSI??

My set up was: full Frankenturbo F21 kit. Godspeed FMIC kit. GIAC stage 2. Jetta GLI FPR, manzo 3" test pipe, custom 3" exhaust, K&N filter(until I got sick of having to constantly clean oil off my MAF sensor) modded airbox.
DV relocation mod, N75H w/ MBC, XSpower DV, intake mani spacer, and Newsouth pod/guage

Miss that little sleepy ripper

ZluckMK5

Car(s)
06 MK5 GTI

Holy shit, all the turbo noise.
Couldn't be happier, really smooth things out after dealing with a dirty filter and the usual broken engine cover issues.

Also, combined with the APR stage one.... YUP.
Definitely worth every penny.
Picked it up from Redline360
It's on sale for like $208.
It was exactly what it was missing!
Second gear pulls HARD now

Hopefully get the new ECS Dogbone insert in today,
Now that I have a pinch of wheel hop in second

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Central Iowa, eh? Was your A4 mint green? Pretty sure I know you from PKG. Nice to have more MK5 people around (LOL I say this like there is a shortage or something). Will you be at Fall Tour?